• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    With handguns I'm an auto guy. I have a few Glocks, a Kimber 1911 clone, a CZ52, a .380acp Makarov, a .380 Ruger LCP and a suppressed Browning Buckmark. That pretty much filled my needs.

I tore a tendon in my shoulder while hiking in Panama. I had to get shoulder surgery. With one arm in a big padded sling it quickly became apparent I couldn't cycle the slide on my Glock 27 carry gun. I got a 3" Ruger SP101 in .357mag. Nice revolver, built like a tank. It's my go-to carry gun when I don't have two fully functioning hands and/or arms.

Then my landlord got a new .38 J-frame and was selling his old Model 38 Lightweight Bodyguard. It was a great price and I had the cash so why not? Nice little gun. Very light, conceals well. Kinda fills the gap between the LCP and G27.

Will I get another revolver? If I see a screamin' deal on something interesting, maybe. I guess if I took a trip to Alaska I'd want a powerful revolver. And a sweet 6" Colt Python would be a great target gun, though I doubt I'll ever have that much spare change lying around.

What made you buy your revolver(s)?
    Target Sports

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I usually carry autos but I also like my LCR (380+P) when I’m dressing light. I lived in Alaska for several years after the Army and, on trails or rivers, we carried sawed off 12 gauges with 00 on a sling.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I bought my 686-4 because I just love me some wheel gun. I bought a 7 shot Ruger sp101 when my "home defense" pistol failed to cycle from sitting for 5 years. 642 airweight came along because my wife needed a purse gun. Still need an m1895 Nagant to pair with a beautiful Mosin I picked up. Also in the market for a webly to pair with an Enfield.

Doons

FJB
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    I like my 1911’s but my most often carried is a P365 (my only striker fired gun). I bought the GP100 because it’s just cool and as I mentioned in another thread, I got a stupid good deal on it. Before I received it, I had every intention of flipping it. After I got it…. We’ll, it’s staying here for a good long while I reckon. It is also a lot of fun too shoot. On the rare occasions that I open carry, it will fill that duty. It is an intimidating beast….

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Smith Model 66 4" (holdover duty revolver), Charter Arms Bulldog 44 spec (awesome little revolver), Charter Arms .22 mag revolver (flame thrower). Would like to get a 66 or 19 6" because I don't have one. As I type this i think perhaps a Colt Python 6" in lieu of that?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Srs,

Thanks for the tip on the more manageable .357 Corbon cartridges.

Full power .357 is too punishing a round for me in both muzzle blast and over the top recoil...

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I always liked the traditional look of revolvers. I also like that they don't sling brass and handle cast bullets better.

But, I don't own many...
    Ruger Blackhawk .357
    Ruger GP-100 .357
    S&W 25-2 .45 Colt
    S&W 686 .357
    Ruger SP-101 .357.

They figure more in my SHTF plan than my daily plan, for conservation of brass and casting, also, to some extent better ability to use blackpower.

To wit, I also have a Ruger Old Army...

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Srs,

Thanks for the tip on the more manageable .357 Corbon cartridges.

Full power .357 is too punishing a round for me in both muzzle blast and over the top recoil...
    357 doesn't blast. Oh wait, yeah it doss
    Screenshot_20220811-133007_Gallery.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom