• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I am not fully up to speed on the entie Clinton/ S&W deal back in the 1990s, but I do know it damn near put them under. I have looked into the gun laws in Mass and they are horrible. I have also read articles where people say they like the jobs provided in Springfiled by S&W, but then they turn aroudn and say they hate firearms and want more restrictions. I just don't understand why S&W has stayed in that state/community.

Now this is all based on information I have seen online. Maybe someone here has lived in that area, or even worked at S&W and can give more details/facts.

http://newbostonpost.com/2018/03/14...calls-for-manufacturing-ban-in-massachusetts/

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Could be a lot of reasons running the gamut from cost to move or union workers who will sue if they try to move, tax abatements or they are allowed to make what they want without interference as long as they don't complain about not selling in Mass...who really knows.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Could be a lot of reasons running the gamut from cost to move or union workers who will sue if they try to move, tax abatements or they are allowed to make what they want without interference as long as they don't complain about not selling in Mass...who really knows.

Yeah, I am sure there are reasons unknown. According to this article though, if that guy gets in as Gov. he will start attacking them and on what they can make.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Yeah, I am sure there are reasons unknown. According to this article though, if that guy gets in as Gov. he will start attacking them and on what they can make.
    Then it's time to go or sell. There is a reason why Texas has created more jobs over the past 10 years than all the other states combined, we are freedom's last stand...

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    This is why I admire Magpul... they stood up for 2a rights when they told the CO legislature in 2013 "if you pass these laws, we're taking our operation out of state, and you'll be responsible for those lost jobs"... the legislature didn't believe them- probably because of spineless companies like Springfield, Colt, S&W...

And Magpul followed through on their promise.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    This is why I admire Magpul... they stood up for 2a rights when they told the CO legislature in 2013 "if you pass these laws, we're taking our operation out of state, and you'll be responsible for those lost jobs"... the legislature didn't believe them- probably because of spineless companies like Springfield, Colt, S&W...

And Magpul followed through on their promise.
    ... and hired an old friend of mine when they got here ;)

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Let me ask this. I have heard people say that due to the Clinton era deal by S&W that they will never buy another S&W product.

Does anyone here have that stance still after all these years since that deal? Just curious.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Let me ask this. I have heard people say that due to the Clinton era deal by S&W that they will never buy another S&W product.

Does anyone here have that stance still after all these years since that deal? Just curious.

I don’t.
    I have and will continue to purchase new S&W products.
    The “Hillary Hole” hoopla is Fudd drama nonsense.
    If the internal lock really does make you pee yourself just take the silly thing out. Jeebuss H. Christ it takes all of three minutes to remove.
    Same same with Ruger. Bill Ruger was a greedy Fudd. He said and did some really stupid things. He has been dead and gone and forgotten.
    His namesake company makes many firearms now that he never would have allowed.
    Although I am not a big Ruger guy I will buy new products made by them.
    The Clintoon era is history. I for one want it forgotten.

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.

I definitely do not.

S&W made a deal to avoid some law suits that would have bankrupted the company. It was a survival move. The deal the company be immune form any of the law suit BS that was going on from the anti gun organizations of time. I have two revolvers with the so called Hillery hole and it does not bother me bit. It if did, I'd just take the dammthing out.

In 2007 I traded in my old 1980 S&W model 63 kit gun for the new model 63 kit gun that they added the fiber optic front sight, and the 8 shot cylinder. In the past 11 years I've fired many several thousands of rounds through it with no problems. And my aging eyes can see the front sight so much better.

Last spring I had the privilege of buying a brand new S&W airtight J frame. For over a thousand rounds now it has performed flawlessly from round one. It even shoots to point of aim. plus or minus an inch or so vertical depending on what load is going down the pipe like a 158 lead round nose or 125 hollow point. The 158 lead round nose hits a tad low by an inch.

Let me ask yo a question back; would you have preferred to see an old company like S&W go bankrupt from the anti gunners law suits?

That was the alternative.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    S&W made a deal to avoid some law suits that would have bankrupted the company. It was a survival move. The deal the company be immune form any of the law suit BS that was going on from the anti gun organizations of time.
    Is this still a valid reason to stay or are those specific lawsuits a dead issue now? Or does the deal protect them from future lawsuits as well?

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    Is this still a valid reason to stay or are those specific lawsuits a dead issue now? Or does the deal protect them from future lawsuits as well?

I don't know. You'd have to consult with a S&W lawyer for that answer. But if it was part of the deal that it gives them immunity to any future legal action, then the Hillery hole becomes a very minor annoyance.

Top Bottom