DK Firearms

Why does GOA not have a convention like NRA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I am more inclined now more than ever to join GOA but I wish they would have activities like training and seminars and conventions like the NRA does. It would be interesting to see an organization like GOA participate in these same activities. What is everyone thought on this?

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I agree with darkpriest. The NRA isn't the best model for a pro-2A org that can flourish in today's society.

GOA/SAF/et al are a million times more efficient in terms of preserving your civil rights than the NRA.

The NRA does quite a bit (few know that the NRA pays for full-time lobbyists in the capitals of several states, even horrible places like California, fighting to keep anti-2A legislation from ever being born), but like any large org, the amount of money the NRA wastes could fund quite of bit of important pro-2A work around the nation.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I believe the NRA started out as a promotion to rifle marksmanship, not as a gun rights advocacy organization. Therefore their annual conventions started out as competitions, and evolved from there. Also a possible reason, one of many, for being called Fudds when turning towards gun rights. Seminars and training probably also started from those beginnings.

Top Bottom