• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    my father and i both went last week while in houston the service sucked and he prices alone would keep me from going there again, they wanted 65.00 a box for 44-40 ammo i can buy online for 31.00 a box what a joke, they don't want to sell .

I NEVER buy ammo there...way too expensive, I get the bulk of my ammo from WalMart.
    Venture Surplus ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    And don't forget that Bill Carter shares Bill Ruger's feelings on "imported assault rifles" and such. I lived close to Carter's on Treashwig for many years and think I used the range twice, and intentionally took a Chinese AK one timer to piss them off!

Eli

I would be surprised if there was not at least one AK on the line every time I go there......

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Carter's Country just plain Suc.s
    I will never buy another thing from either store here in Houston. Dumb kids working on the firing line / that alone is enough to stay far away !!!

toold128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    I vebought probably 8-10 weapons from Carters over the last 25 years. The sales people have become unbearable. I will never buy anything from them again. Over the last few years every time that I have gone into one of their stores, I have left miffed. I have gone in and asked to see specific weapons and been told "I would not own one of those let me show you this". I did not go in and ask if they would own what I am interested in.

I now make it a point to go about once a month. When a clerk ask if they can show me something, I tell them that they don't have anything that I would own.

A few months ago I took my 15 yo grandson to shoot his new rifle that I gave him the day before for his birthday. A Marlin 982VS with a Leupold® VX-II 3-9 scope. We got there during a cease fire and walked out to put up the target. When we got back to the shooting area, someone had walked off with the rifle. Of course no one saw anything. I was told that they were not responsible to see everything going on.

Ruger74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Splendora,Texas
    I will never buy another rifle or pistol from Carter's again. LOL my wife went in there and wanted to buy a .40 auto. They showed her a S&W Sigma and told her it was the best on the market. Their range is ok except for that kid who works the firing line who needs a belt to hold his pants up.

chechnya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Sugar Land
    As a young person(24) I was never taken seriously whenever I went into Carter's Country. I've gone in there a few times since I turned 21 but always felt like they didn't want me in there. I'd ask a question about a gun and they'd nonchalantly mumble something as they stared off into space until I just got tired of it. I went to Academy and have been purchasing guns there from now on.

Top Bottom