Capitol Armory ad

Why can't Texas legislature be this good..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Missouri Legislature Sends Gun Grab Nullification Bill to Governor

In a nutshell, the bill passed by both the house and the senate with veto proof majorities said that all current and future Federal gun laws are void inside their state.

So the provisions of the Gun Control Acts of 1934, 1968, Hughes Amendment, etc. are no longer valid for their residents. Governor can veto it and send it back, sign it into law, do nothing and it becomes law on July 1.

Wish them luck, but really wish our folks had their balls to do the same thing.
    DK Firearms

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    We can't even get open carry. We have a bunch of neutered, sissy boy RINOs running the shop in Austin.

If I had the coin, I'd unilaterally run ads against Strauss and others next go round to make sure the right folks end up in leadership positions. People see an "R" and maybe a misleading NRA rating and assume these guys are good to go.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    As I was enlightened in the other thread regarding this, we would need to first remove the state prohibition on those items.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I like it, but I'm not sure I'd have the balls to run around with an MG.

I'm sure holder will try to make an example if someone.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Funny thing about laws, sometimes you can put the cart before the horse making it easier for the horse to get there later.

Oh don't get me wrong. I would love it if our state legislature told the Feds to stick it. I was just pointing out what was pointed out to me. Being registered as an NFA item is currently the only legal way to have one of those in Texas.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I received this from GOA today

[FONT=arial,helvetica]
    It’s Coming Down to the Wire in Austin
    Three firearms-related bills up for consideration
    Three pro-gun bills have passed the Texas House, and are now pending in the full Senate. Should they clear the final hurdle, Governor Perry is expected to sign all of them into law.

The first bill, House Bill 928, would prohibit Texas state agencies and political subdivisions from assisting the Obama administration in enforcing gun bans, magazine bans, and ammunition bans. Any aggrieved Texan may petition the attorney general to enforce this legislation on his behalf.

The second bill, House Bill 1076, would prohibit Texas state agencies and political subdivisions from adopting rules and regulations implementing Obama administration gun bans, magazine bans, and ammunition bans. Again, an aggrieved Texan can petition the attorney general to enforce this petition.

Finally, House Bill 972 would replace the statewide prohibition on concealed carry holders, which currently prohibits them from carrying a firearm on campus for defense of themselves or others. In order to secure passage, this bill was watered down to allow individual campuses to go through a procedure to reinstate the ban on that campus. However, after careful consideration, we believe that the compromise version is still better than nothing.

ACTION: Contact your state senator. Ask him to vote for House Bills 928, 972, and 1076.

HOW TO CONTACT/WRITE YOUR STATE SENATOR:
    1. Proceed to www.gunowners.org/url/officials.htm
    2. There will be 4 grey tabs, click on “Elected Officials” (2nd from left)
    3. Enter your zip code in the box provided under “enter your zip code”
    4. Scroll down past the alerts till you find “Governor and State Legislators” (on the right) and there is your state senator.
    5. Click on the name of your senator
    6. Click on the “contact” tab.
    7. Click on the “<name of Senator> via webform”, this will bring up a webmail form. Then, take the pre-written letter below and cut-n-paste this into the editable text box on the page.
    8. Fill out the sender information
    9. Click “Send Message” (blue button at the bottom)

----- Pre-written letter -----

Dear Senator:

Three pro-gun bills have passed the Texas House, and are now pending in the full Senate. Should they clear that final hurdle, Governor Perry is expected to sign all of them into law.

The first bill, House Bill 928, would prohibit Texas state agencies and political subdivisions from assisting the Obama administration in enforcing gun bans, magazine bans, and ammunition bans. Any aggrieved Texan may petition the attorney general to enforce this legislation on his behalf.

The second bill, House Bill 1076, would prohibit Texas state agencies and political subdivisions from adopting rules and regulations implementing Obama administration gun bans, magazine bans, and ammunition bans. Again, an aggrieved Texan can petition the attorney general to enforce this petition.

Finally, House Bill 972 would replace the statewide prohibition on concealed carry holders, which currently prohibits them from carrying a firearm on campus for defense of themselves or others. In order to secure passage, this bill was watered down to allow individual campuses to go through a procedure to reinstate the ban on that campus. However, after careful consideration, I believe that the compromise version is still better than nothing.

In a national anti-gun frenzy that seeks nothing less than to ban most guns, magazines, and ammunition, the passage of these three bills would send a powerful message to the MSNBC gun-hating crowd and to the Obama administration.

Please support House Bills 928, 972, and 1076.

Sincerely,

[/FONT]

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I read somewhere in arfcom that montana is something similar, as in people have home made MG's and supressors and come into range and blast off "along with LEO's" No one gives a shit about Feds.

Top Bottom