• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    We kept seeing the sign for years driving past on 16, and one Sunday morning were eating lunch at Alamo Springs and decided to ride out there. We all had summer ventilated jackets on and ended up riding through a half dozen gully washers on the way home. Thankfully my tank bag had a rain cover so at least we kept wallets dry. It was only maybe a 100 mile ride each way but damn we were cold.
    A few years ago a group of us were at Big Bend for a few days. We rode to Presidio one day and were heading to Marfa when the lead rider pulled over. The sky to the NW was dark. 3 of us decided to ride back thru the park to our base in Terlingua. The others went to Marfa. We got to our rooms, showered and were having our first beer when it started to rain. The other soaked rats pulling in a couple hours later. By the time they left Marfa they said there was 2 inches of water on the roads in town. They then had to ride back thru the parks low water crossings to make it to Terlingua. They chose poorly.
    Military Camp

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    My Uncle and I are riding this weekend, not sure where yet, leaving Ellis County Saturday morning and probably going to Strokers Ice House or The Truck Yard.

I prefer longer scenic rides, his chopper isn't really setup for that. Some of my favorite places are Loco Coyote in Glen Rose, Horny Toad in Cranfills Gap, Koffee Kup in Hico and Buzzard Billy's in Waco.

If anyone around Ellis County wants join us, let me know. We'll have a group of sport bikes to custom choppers sometimes.

Screenshot-20210406-202716-Point-Blur.jpg

One of the best burgers I ever had at Strokers, cheeseburger hotlink fried egg and bacon.
    FB-IMG-1617758648293.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I was riding a FM outside of Huntington (Angelina county in case there's another) when I happened upon a completely yellow pasture that was so deep, I couldn't see the head of any livestock as they grazed. I considered a uey for the pic, would the colors & depth show, etc. etc. I can assure you I was thinking of the wrong thing cuz just a few hundred yards later at @60mph, the pavement STOPPED COLD!! Right in the shadows of trees, I'm now on dirt riding a tourer! :what:Fortunately it was hard packed so no issue beyond a butt pucker moment.

Other than adding 213 to the odo, this is all I have to show for the day.

20210412_162731.jpg

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    20210326_163841.jpg

We live off Hwy 39 between Ingram and Hunt.

I try to ride every day since retirement a year ago. My favorite road is probably Hwy 16 between Kerrville and Bandera. Really all of Hwy 16 from Zapata north to Possum Kingdom Lake.

When I do The Sisters it's always on a weekday. Tourons (mix of tourists and morons) keep me close on the weekends

Lately I've been searching out ghost towns in the general area. Telegraph and Noxville are the two latest.

The fuel tanks are on the bench for cleaning and re-sealing now. I hope to have it back up next week if all goes well. Yes an old Harley.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Went out to Winchester on Thursday for work. Was a good ride there and back. It was nice riding in some trees, I forget how scrubby Austin actually is.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Did you by chance eat at Murphy's? Some <mostly retired> riders on another forum I meet up with when I can go there on occasion, looks like good grub and a sweet riding area. :cool:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Aren't mopeds considered disposable? :what:

I don't recall seeing you here before, what do you ride?

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Are you going to stay down there for a couple of days?
    Mill Creek Cafe in Leakey has the best eats around.
    When I do finally get to ride the Sisters, it will at least be an overnight venture if not longer, to justify the drive.

I searched many lodging options for Memorial Day weekend this morning from Camp Wood to Leakey - Medina - Uvalde - Kerrville and more and not surprisingly, there were no rooms available. That's fine with me because it saves me $$ so I can ride the Ozarks this fall.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Went out to Winchester on Thursday for work. Was a good ride there and back. It was nice riding in some trees, I forget how scrubby Austin actually is.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    One of my routine rides is going there thru Bastrop and Buescher state parks.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Very nice, we should do a group TGT ride sometime.
    Build it and they will come.
    It's been a year since those posts so let's see what shakes out. I realize it's Memorial weekend and this amounts to last minute planning for y'all but 5 days in advance is pretty dang good for me. :what:

Saturday, May 29, lunch time-ish (TBD)

Murphy's Steakhouse
    204 Thomas St.
    Winchester, 78945
    979-242-3433
    GPS: 30.0107, -97.0139

Open to all TGT members, your friends, etc.
    FYI: it's a 145 mile ride for me.

Top Bottom