• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I broke out the R1 (09) Friday. I’m pretty sure the only time I started it last year was to get it inspected. So that gas was probably 18 months old. Ran like a champ and I filled it back up. The other bikes were ridden a lot more; the R1 is on the short list to be replaced this year.

Attachments

• 2268C226-7B98-4DF7-9537-F4534739AADD.jpeg
      2268C226-7B98-4DF7-9537-F4534739AADD.jpeg
      45.4 KB · Views: 122

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    The S1000RR and XR are both chain drive and I think those middleweights are belt drive. I’m sorely tempted to get an XR.

Attachments

• C731B12A-206F-481C-B9C8-0022B66DB447.jpeg
      C731B12A-206F-481C-B9C8-0022B66DB447.jpeg
      63 KB · Views: 83

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My GFs ex-BIL was in a wreck last Monday.
    Driving home from his office 3 miles away.
    Lady made a u-turn in front of him, right at the "no u-turn sign".
    Broke collarbone on one side, his arm on the other, compound fracture of a femur, and both ankles.
    He's in pretty bad shape.

After he hit the back of her car, his Goldwing slammed up on top of him.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Damn, that sounds brutal; I wish him the best.

Yesterday a compact u-turned in front of me, likely not legal and certainly not safely.
    I have a loud ass "air horn" and laid on it as I approached / passed the dude but he seemed to barely notice.
    Be aware out there TGT riders.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Broke collarbone on one side, his arm on the other, compound fracture of a femur, and both ankles.

Damn.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hell I didn't even know BMW made anything chain drive. What kind of work?

I bought a second set of fairings to have for track day spares. I decided to change the colors and so sent the tank off to get repainted. It will be back this week but the new seals for the quick fill cap are on back order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio

If she couldn’t see a Goldwing coming, she wasn’t looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I started learning to ride on offroad bikes on a friend's land this winter and spring. I really liked it and even thought about buying a bike. I talked to some bike riding buddies about it and they all sold their bikes. I asked why. They told me a lot of their friends get hit and killed by car drivers.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I started learning to ride on offroad bikes on a friend's land this winter and spring. I really liked it and even thought about buying a bike. I talked to some bike riding buddies about it and they all sold their bikes. I asked why. They told me a lot of their friends get hit and killed by car drivers.

No doubt about it - street riding comes with great risks. And people’s continued obsession with their phones makes it more dangerous than ever. I pretty much don’t ride at night any more and avoid town whenever possible. As a new rider the hardest thing is developing the muscle memory to leave enough awareness to avoid hazards. It’s not easy to come by but once you are in full control it can be very rewarding. YMMV.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Everything has risk. If you're really interested I would recommend taking a MSF course. That may help you decide. But be warned. Your garage may look like this if you do
    AgJfNvR.jpg

Last edited:

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    I took a ride a couple weekends ago to House of Blades to look at thier stock of Microtechs, turned into an expensive ride. Besides that though I have a deep desire for a road trip to Tucson, and at some other point to Colorado. Both would be trips to visit family.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    People don't see emergency vehicles going code. You think a little old GW is going to be noticed.

Serious. We had to go to a neighboring town Saturday afternoon for an RV fire. Freightliner engine and rescue truck. Dual sirens, air horns, etc. Maybe 1/3 of cars or trucks pulled over.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    I don’t think that not yielding to emergency vehicles is because of distracted driving (e.g., cellphones). I think it is the mentality in our society today. There is no respect, the rules if known don’t apply, and everyone expects to have the right of way.

I know it had been a very long time since I got my first license, but the cars merging on the freeway do not have the right of way and cars coming out of parking lots do not either. We have an area nearby that we refer to as the gauntlet because of cars shooting out of the two parking lots across from each other when the drivers get tired of waiting. There are wrecks there on a regular basis.

Top Bottom