• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Nice Bonne but I'm really not up on them (or most bikes if I'm honest). New retro or actually old?
    Tranny or oil cooler behind the front wheel?
    2020, New retro. Radiator, they're water cooled now. I have a 06 Bonnie too. It's carbed and air cooled. I hardly ride the 06 anymore. It's fine around town but on the open road and twistys the new one clearly handles better.

Well, it finally happened last Sunday, at a dead stop no less :mad: :mad: You likely can't tell but the ground slopes down toward the camera making the reach longer plus it's gravel. Double whammy in my case. Strained my back trying to right it alone; fortunately a guy wade fishing nearby didn't hesitate when I asked for help.

Local shop said $250 to fix, more if custom blending / cutting / whateverTF he said is needed. But, NO guarantee on the color match. :facepalm:

View attachment 233909

View attachment 233914
    When I was in North Carolina I dropped my Tiger Explorer on a down slope in a parking lot in the smokeys. Total f up on my part. I was able to walk it up like they show in the videos. Scraped the bag and popped off the front indicator lens. Tapped the lens on with electric tape. The absolute worst part was a truck was pulling into the lot behind me and witnessed my f up.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Witnesses suck, no doubt. :evil:

Nostalgia can be a witch. I'd love to have my new, '82 EZ1100 again but there's no question my now old, '09 K13GT is a damn sight better bike. I guess as long as you're riding and happy, that's all that really matters.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    20201227_123927.jpg

Sunday I rode around Madisonville.

I've no idea why those painted horses are looking at me funny, they're the ones dressed out of style for Texas. :what:

Just o/s of Madisonville I saw two boys on 4wheelers taking full advantage of the one mud hole in a large pasture. I u-turned and stopped to take a pic but before I could, they skedaddled farther away to the house. I didn't mean to spoil their fun, I was jealous.

I bought my bike mid May and ticked off the 10,000th mile Sunday. Nothing to compare that too but it doesn't seem too shabby for a fair weather rider that hasn't gone on a trip with it.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    20201229_123125.jpg

Today was 260mi r/t to a place called Fugler's Feed Trough near Carthage for lunch because . . ya know . . there was nothing closer.:rolleyes:

I stopped by L. Nacogdoches for the 1st time since '82 when visiting a GF that went to SFA. Either reality or my memory has changed, the jury is still out. :p

In HS that same GF was in the band drill squad and soon after Dad got home from a heart attack we visited, she was in performance uniform and rather endowed. Later Dad said *son, you trying to kill me?* LOL .. no doubt funnier if you knew my Dad. It's been 15yrs and I still miss him.

Sorry for the tangent, it happens, especially this time of year.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    That's alot of miles in a short time.
    Some bikes never get even 10k miles on them.
    A new set of Pirelli dual compound touring tires on 8/1. I knew the rear was reaching the end when I looked at it before riding on 12/19. Literally the last 90 miles (home from work the VERY long way) went from *it's very close* to *oh shit!* I got 5700 miles out of it, the front still has some life, trust me! Lol

Pirelli Angel GT2 after 5732 miles 20201219_172600.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    posted Dec 29, 2020

I bought my bike mid May and ticked off the 10,000th mile Sunday. Nothing to compare that too but it doesn't seem too shabby for a fair weather rider that hasn't gone on a trip with it.
    Just shy of a 100 mile ride today and I've clocked 13,431 miles since May.

I'm on my 3rd set of tires. Last Friday I replaced the oddly worn rear which resolved about 95% of a vibration issue and Thursday I replaced the front fixing the vibration. My previous 2 sets were Pirelli Angel GT 2s and I was pleased with the 1st but the 2nd sucked getting only 3100 miles on the front. No doubt which tire transmits the power but back then I mainly rear braked too so the front tire mileage seems horrendous.

Current hoops are Michelin Pilot Road 4 GTs, we shall see how they hold up.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Just got back from 3 days at Camp Wood. Rode the sisters again. There is fresh pavement on 335 and 336. Also made the run from Rocksprings to Brackettville. That is a very cool ride. Some of the most desolate country I've ever seen. Border Patrol all over Brackettville. Rode around Fort Clark for a while. Had a good time, weather was good and ate like a king at the Mill Creek Cafe in Leakey. One of the best breakfasts ever.

comsec

Quantum Electrodynamic Cowboy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2021
    DFW
    I know that white fence with the broken glass on top well on FM335.......nice spread there.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I take it the glass on fence is supposed to be a security deterrent. Regardless, seems to me they are opening themselves up to a law suit. Most likely frivolous IMO but still a hassle.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Come October I'm considering about a week in Eureka Springs or similar area. Anyone interested?
    I ride street only.

Top Bottom