• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'll post some pictures and some short video clips when I get back.
    Please do, I love it when others piss me off. :green:

I was supposed to spend this week in Eureka Springs with about 10 others but the mechanical issue shown in the other thread made me bail out. :mad:

Have a good time and I hope you have good weather. :cool:
    Guns International

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Please do, I love it when others piss me off. :green:

I was supposed to spend this week in Eureka Springs with about 10 others but the mechanical issue shown in the other thread made me bail out. :mad:

Have a good time and I hope you have good weather. :cool:

Thanks, I'm planning on going up the pig trail to Eureka Springs from I40.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I've never ridden AR and am only vaguely familiar with the area from planning for the trip but here are two posts made yesterday by guys I was supposed to meet with, YMMV.

I just arrived in NW Arkansas based on a twisty, outstanding route starting in Texas. I look forward to exceptional riding and seeing some of the TWTEX folks.

FYI, Highway 23 south of Eureka Spring, about 12 miles, is undergoing major resurfacing. I waited on my bike about 30 minutes.

I'm at the KOA in E-Springs and wanted to pass along some recon.

Consider this a PSA. I came up the Magazine Mtn. - Pig Trail side into Eureka Springs and the last bit of road to ES has significant construction going on. Like down to one lane, guide vehicle, 10 minute wait, etc.

Also, a fully loaded Ford Transit camper conversion with a motorcycle on a hitch carrier can get through a 20 MPH corner faster than the Harley I was following. I tried to keep a solid 4 seconds back, but would constantly find myself rolling up on them in every turn. The only thing slower than them was the guy we both rolled upon pulling what appeared to be a 50 ft fifth wheel (3 axles).

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    So.....finally made it up to Arkansas on Monday afternoon. It was raining on Petit Jean Mountain. Rained all night. Rained all the next day. Broke camp and went to visit my inlaws. Spent the night with them and left for home early in the morning. Still raining, but even harder now. Rained on me all the way to Dallas. Here is the highlight reel.
    campwet.jpg

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    That is literally the highlight of the riding part. But I did get a chance to test out some new gear and all that went good. Also looked at some properties up around Quitman AR for retirement plans. So it wasn't a total bust.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Nice Bonne but I'm really not up on them (or most bikes if I'm honest). New retro or actually old?
    Tranny or oil cooler behind the front wheel?

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Well, it finally happened last Sunday, at a dead stop no less :mad: :mad: You likely can't tell but the ground slopes down toward the camera making the reach longer plus it's gravel. Double whammy in my case. Strained my back trying to right it alone; fortunately a guy wade fishing nearby didn't hesitate when I asked for help.

Local shop said $250 to fix, more if custom blending / cutting / whateverTF he said is needed. But, NO guarantee on the color match. :facepalm:

20201108_131348.jpg

20201108_132335.jpg

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    that adventure KTM is a great bike for travelling

my rides are mostly around the hills nearby
    3DDAE0DB-43B3-4071-9592-C382B633D6A0.jpeg

my W650

Just a couple scratches, Coiled. Hope your injuries are only to your pride.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Damn.
    You got pretty lucky I'd say.
    I did. Rolled out of the fall, popped up, took my gear off and laid it on the ground, hyperventilated a bit, fretted over known scratches, noticed the jacket was dirty, fretted over known scratches and THEN I realized I could have been pinned and alone with no one to hear me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I did. Rolled out of the fall, popped up, took my gear off and laid it on the ground, hyperventilated a bit, fretted over known scratches, noticed the jacket was dirty, fretted over known scratches and THEN I realized I could have been pinned and alone with no one to hear me.

Yep.

I bet you check out the ground better, where you stop, from now on.

Check out the videos for picking your bike up.
    Of course, your situation was probably worst case scenario, lol.
    Picking it up, uphill....

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Yep.

I bet you check out the ground better, where you stop, from now on.
    I am very cautious / aware about stops, parking, easy out of parking, etc. Last Sunday did not seem unusual yet was a complete failure. :(

Check out the videos for picking your bike up.
    Of course, your situation was probably worst case scenario, lol.
    Picking it up, uphill....
    I've seen a few vids. I don't always have the saddlebags on and need to tuck appropriate straps under the seat.

Top Bottom