• Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Imagine how much better it would have been on a Duke or 'busa. :green:

Anyone going to Drifters, Yankees or similar area today?

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I started at 75F and the tires at spec 36 / 42 psi. Now an hour later and 95F they are 40 / 47 psi.

Yankees ... is this one of y'alls? I grinned as soon as I saw it. :)

20231001_124851.jpg

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    TX has kinda killed my bike boner. Haven't ridden since like June well because it's been 100 plus and don't want to roast my chestnuts. It's nice and cool now but I dunno it kinda feels dead inside. Just looked at my bike and have to put air in the tires before I ride and couldn't even do that. Feels bad man. edit: Riding kinda is lame around here too, that doesn't help, in terms of scenery/roads. All just flat boring roads. I could do a bit off road though which I like.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    What do you ride pdog? More than 1 in the stable?

I have only the K13GT now, would like to add an ADV or DS, maybe a badass supermoto. I want to ride wheelies again before I die. Lol

Shortly after my pic in #305, a naked & sport tourer looped through Drifters. As they left the ST wheelied for a bit, wish I could do that w/o bouncing my head on the ground. :o

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    What do you ride pdog? More than 1 in the stable?

I have only the K13GT now, would like to add an ADV or DS, maybe a badass supermoto. I want to ride wheelies again before I die. Lol

Shortly after my pic in #305, a naked & sport tourer looped through Drifters. As they left the ST wheelied for a bit, wish I could do that w/o bouncing my head on the ground. :o

Ducati Scrambler, only bike. I do like it, I can take it off road its a fun bike to ride for sure. I don't even know how to wheelie lol but apparently the scrambler is an easy bike to wheelie.

h08DK3v.jpeg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    That looks like my buddies car. What did that guy look like?

He lives near your part of the world.
    He's one ugly chick, man. :what:

Medium build, <6' tall and short grey hair BUT, I didn't know I'd be tested days later and could be thinking of the wrong guy.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Well, now I'm kicking around the idea of buying a newish / newer bike.

Looking at a couple. Indian Scout Bobber and a Triumph Bonneville Bobber. Any of you folks have much experience with either?

Passing on Harley Davidson. I've got a hardtail project that is taking forever to get wrapped up.... Can't justify a "new bike" while the "old bike" is still WIP.

Would need to be something other than HD.... because then I can say it's different than the project.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Went on a dual sport ride in the east Texas sticks. Just over 200 miles today, mostly dirt and gravel. Damn that was fun! I was the anchor of the group with only a two fiddy, so I’m on the hunt now for something a little more substantial

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Well, now I'm kicking around the idea of buying a newish / newer bike.

Looking at a couple. Indian Scout Bobber and a Triumph Bonneville Bobber. Any of you folks have much experience with either?

Passing on Harley Davidson. I've got a hardtail project that is taking forever to get wrapped up.... Can't justify a "new bike" while the "old bike" is still WIP.

Would need to be something other than HD.... because then I can say it's different than the project.
    I prefer the look of the Triumph. I've never ridden the bobber. I do like the 1200 motor. I currently have a T120. Had a Thruxton for a while. I prefer the riding position of the Bonnie but prefer the throttle response of the Thruxton.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I prefer the look of the Triumph. I've never ridden the bobber. I do like the 1200 motor. I currently have a T120. Had a Thruxton for a while. I prefer the riding position of the Bonnie but prefer the throttle response of the Thruxton.

I should go out and do a test ride. There is a Triumph dealer in the area.

Leaning more towards the Indian at the moment.

Trying to exercise restraint and discipline and stay away from either.... It's getting a bit tough though... Winter comes along and you can start finding some decent deals on used bikes.

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    I should go out and do a test ride. There is a Triumph dealer in the area.

Leaning more towards the Indian at the moment.

Trying to exercise restraint and discipline and stay away from either.... It's getting a bit tough though... Winter comes along and you can start finding some decent deals on used bikes.

Do people not ride in the winter here?! I finally went on a ride yesterday after not riding when it was 100 degrees everyday don't want to get my chestnuts roasted lol

Top Bottom