Venture Surplus ad

Who's Hiring in San Antonio, New Braunfels, San Marcos, ect?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Hi guys. I am actively seeking full time employment, in and around the San Antonio area. I am currently employed, at the Valero Distribution Center, in Scherts. I took the position as something to get me on my feet, after depleting my savings, moving up from Victoria. The job doesn't pay a whole lot, and my hours are weird, that is part of my reason for job hunting.

A little bit about my work history. I have worked in different warehouses since 1996, doing all sorts of different positions. I have also done advocate work for the developmentally disabled a little bit here and there in between. In 05, the company I was working for got bought out by Ferguson Enterprises, which coincidentally is also my last name. I worked at different locations, in Albuquerque, doing various positions. I was offered a position at the main branch in Albuquerque, to run the receiving side. I accepted the position, and life is good. Around this time last year, my boss approached me, and asked me about the possibility of transferring to Victoria to run the warehouse there. I spoke with my family, and they were all for it. My wife is from Corpus, and her parents live in Cibolo. The company moved us out to Victoria, where I started my new position. From the first day, I saw fishy stuff going on, from embezzlement, and theft (by superiors), to labor violations. I was even asked to break the law, and fix people's time, which I refused, and it still happened, but not by me. Long story short, I left the company that I really enjoyed working for, and went the extra mile for. I moved us to San Antonio, because there wasn't any decent work in Victoria, besides the oilfield. I found work with my current job, and here I am looking for something more fulfilling, and and better pay.

I am not dead set on staying in the same field, I would actually love to do something different. I am good with customer service, and have some experience in sales of plumbing, hvac, and waterworks supply. I also have pretty good knowledge of fittings and their applications in plumbing, and utilities. What I am trying to get at, is I am really open to all different types of employment.

Please post up, or pm me, if You have a position, of know of one in the area. Thanks in advance.
    Venture Surplus ad

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Here's a link to a site that has a lot of SM jobs.

Former SM resident here, I love that place. If I could figure out how to make a decent buck there, I would never leave. Listen man, that sux, I know what that's like.

I have some nasty experience with corruption myself. Here's the thing, you can't just do your job and mind your own business and stay out of it. If you aren't a part of it, they can't have you around knowing about it. So it's not going to end well.

I don't know if this is good advice or not, but it's how I'm gonna live from now on. You always lose if you don't fight. And I rarely lose when I do. The next time I run up against corruption, I'm collecting the evidence, recording conversations, printing out emails, retaining a lawyer, and when I'm good and ready, I will blow that sh*t wide open, then I'll be protected by the whistle blower protection act, and sue the sh*t out of anyone who even looks like they are retaliating. It's war, and I'm gonna have FUN wrecking the place, and hopefully get a nice payday at the end of it. I have nothing to fear anymore, I've already lost a job (quit) where I busted my ass for years doing the best job I could, only to be screwed over in the end by some corrupt assholes. I tried to stay out of it, mind my own business and do my job. I got screwed over just as bad as if I had blown the whistle. (or maybe a lot worse) Never again.

I wish I could make it my job to take down corrupt assh*les everyday. I would never get tired of that. I would be a happy guy, and there would be no shortage of work to do.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    as
    Here's a link to a site that has a lot of SM jobs.

Former SM resident here, I love that place. If I could figure out how to make a decent buck there, I would never leave. Listen man, that sux, I know what that's like.

I have some nasty experience with corruption myself. Here's the thing, you can't just do your job and mind your own business and stay out of it. If you aren't a part of it, they can't have you around knowing about it. So it's not going to end well.

I don't know if this is good advice or not, but it's how I'm gonna live from now on. You always lose if you don't fight. And I rarely lose when I do. The next time I run up against corruption, I'm collecting the evidence, recording conversations, printing out emails, retaining a lawyer, and when I'm good and ready, I will blow that sh*t wide open, then I'll be protected by the whistle blower protection act, and sue the sh*t out of anyone who even looks like they are retaliating. It's war, and I'm gonna have FUN wrecking the place, and hopefully get a nice payday at the end of it. I have nothing to fear anymore, I've already lost a job (quit) where I busted my ass for years doing the best job I could, only to be screwed over in the end by some corrupt assholes. I tried to stay out of it, mind my own business and do my job. I got screwed over just as bad as if I had blown the whistle. (or maybe a lot worse) Never again.

I wish I could make it my job to take down corrupt assh*les everyday. I would never get tired of that. I would be a happy guy, and there would be no shortage of work to do.

Thanks for the link.

My situation was a little bit complicated. I could write a book, or go on and on, but I don't have the time. I signed a contract to stay with the company for 2 years in Victoria, or pay the money used to move us out there back. They held that over my head, and didn't think I would risk being liable for the money. I always thought as long as I was doing what I was supposed to, I would come out on top in the end. I wasn't ok with all that went on, so the retaliation began. Toward the end I was working at least 14 hours a day, minimum. I resigned, and they decided not to pursue the money from the contract. I believe they were worried about me spilling the beans. This type of shit is widespread all over the South Texas region. And it is normal to them. It trickles down from the top. I didn't want to blow the whistle, because it was so widespread, and they all cover eachother's backs.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Well it's always a risky moving somewhere for a job. Look on the bright side, at least you didn't buy a house!

I'm starting to think maybe the thing to do is to decide where you want to live, and move there, then just do what you have to, to make ends meet until something better shakes loose. Unfortunately the good jobs always get filled internally, and people inside the organization move up. If you are outside the organization, it's probably a job no one else wants. That makes it pretty risky to move somewhere for a job. And what if it turns out to be a good job in a place you don't like? You only have so many years. I've spent a lot of mine in sh*tty places I hated. I had the good fortune of spending 6 years in Austin/San Marcos, and year in Georgetown. That's about as good as it gets in Texas. I need to get back there. Best of luck.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Well it's always a risky moving somewhere for a job. Look on the bright side, at least you didn't buy a house!

I'm starting to think maybe the thing to do is to decide where you want to live, and move there, then just do what you have to, to make ends meet until something better shakes loose. Unfortunately the good jobs always get filled internally, and people inside the organization move up. If you are outside the organization, it's probably a job no one else wants. That makes it pretty risky to move somewhere for a job. And what if it turns out to be a good job in a place you don't like? You only have so many years. I've spent a lot of mine in sh*tty places I hated. I had the good fortune of spending 6 years in Austin/San Marcos, and year in Georgetown. That's about as good as it gets in Texas. I need to get back there. Best of luck.

Yeah, I did't buy a house, thankfully. I like living in San Antonio, and am pretty much doing what You advised me to do. I am full time employed, but want something better. I had an interview today, but the pay was less than I am currently making. Significantly less, so I had to pass, even though the job seems like something I'd enjoy.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    If I had to pick a BIG city to live in Texas, San Antonio would be it. SA is big enough that sooner or later something is bound to shake loose in your line of work. Not so much for San Marcos unfortunately.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    If I had to pick a BIG city to live in Texas, San Antonio would be it. SA is big enough that sooner or later something is bound to shake loose in your line of work. Not so much for San Marcos unfortunately.

Yes, I love S.A. I doubt my wife, and daughter would want to move anywhere else. My wife's parents are here. So she likes being close to them, and my daughter cannot get enough of her grandparents. When stuff went south in Victoria, I offered up the option of moving back to New Mexico, and the both wanted to stay in Texas. I do as well. I love living in Texas, and will most likely die here. San Antonio is great. Victoria not so much lol.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Well enjoy the Hill Country. That's where it's at in Texas. I'm stuck baking out here in the desert of far west Texas. Moved here to take the before mentioned job, and I'm stuck here for a while longer. Next time I move to the Hill Country, I won't be leaving again. It's the best part of the best state in the country. Best of luck in the job hunt.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Update: I left the Valero Dist Center, and worked another low paying job. I was working a lot of overtime, just to make my bills, had about spent all my savings, and was thinking about selling gold and silver. Then one day I got an email from a Texas based company,,, that makes an awesome line of HVAC equipment in Houston, and distributes all over the country. They seen my resume on Monster.com and were interested in talking to me. I went out to San Marcos to meet with them, and ended up taking the piss test that day. My first day was Oct, 1st, and today was my 4th complete week of my new job. I am in charge of the warehouse for now, but they have plans for me to do more. In the next few months they are flying me to Houston to check out the facility where this stuff is manufactured, and I believe 3 days of training. I had all but given up, and stopped looking. I was what they call under employed. Cobra wanted around $800 a month to insure my family, and I could not afford it. Anyway long story short, I really like the new job, and am proud to be a part of a company that makes a great product here in Texas (and Tenn). If you are under or unemployed keep your head up, and make sure you have a public resume. Monster.com saved my ass.

Top Bottom