• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Aww, you new CHL holders are just so adorable I think the first time I carried back in the day was to the drugstore.
    Capitol Armory ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    PRINTING is not illegal? or a violation. Im a big guy so unless I wear gangster shirts that are long I pretty much always have to be concious about my shirt coming up a bit. so, as long as I dont purposly make it show again and again then im ok> I wanted to ask that last week and forgot.

Re-read post #3. "knowingly" is the key word of the law. Your CHL instructor is a dumbass for telling you it is illegal. You can talk about it from now on and have a multiple page thread but..................it's still NOT ILLEGAL,

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    PRINTING is not illegal? or a violation? ... as long as I dont purposly make it show. PERIOD
    FIFY

Re-read post #3. "knowingly" is the key word of the law. Your CHL instructor is a dumbass for telling you it is illegal. You can talk about it from now on and have a multiple page thread but..................it's still NOT ILLEGAL,
    Words to live by. More than one post by each new CHL holder on the subject is ....

:deadhorse:

Congrats!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    PRINTING is not illegal? or a violation. Im a big guy so unless I wear gangster shirts that are long I pretty much always have to be concious about my shirt coming up a bit. so, as long as I dont purposly make it show again and again then im ok> I wanted to ask that last week and forgot.

My comment(s) were based on your post above. Seems many instructors (not all) tell their students "printing" will get you thrown in jail. This is not true (unless you do it on purpose, as mentioned previously).

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Congrats on the plastic. After carrying regular for a week or so I lost the "are poeple looking" thoughts. What firearm are you going to carry?

Only a 6in blade?

I carry this one on occasion:
    Overall Length: 14” Inches
    Blade Length: 9” Inches
    Handle Length: 5” Inches
    knife2.png

img20111121212301.jpg

When you absolutely positively need to chop a tree down with a knife.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    it ok charlie. That was my first and only question to clarify the question at hand. You had just stated basically I can ask all these questions about situations regarding printing and create a long page'd thread. I understand what you were stating, I just had only intent on verifying one time.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Hey man, it's a common misconception and one that I've been guilty of myself. My CHL instructor told me printing was grounds for arrest, too. Damn, that dude was worthless...

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I have had my CHL for 16 years now and I am still always conscious of how my rig is setup as to not even accidently print or become un-concealed. After this many years of carrying I have tried everything and have become an expert at carrying without no one having a clue. Recently I purchased a De Santis high hip leather holster for my FN 5.7. I have noticed that LEO and competant security guards do an eye check but that is just instinct. I keep the shirt long enough to cover everything. Just getting old enough to not worry so much and if God forbid I have to protect myself I prefer to have my FN.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    it ok charlie. That was my first and only question to clarify the question at hand. You had just stated basically I can ask all these questions about situations regarding printing and create a long page'd thread. I understand what you were stating, I just had only intent on verifying one time.

Ya, U gotz a mini trucker syndrome, ya ya?

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    The best concealed holster for the FN is the Kangaroo Holster. I have never been tagged by friends as to be carrying. I wear medical scrubs and they are in total shock when the conversation gets into guns and I pull out the FN for them to examine. I hear "Dude you had that thing on you the whole time and I never knew" That is what I like. The high hip holster I am experimenting with seems to be ok. If I put it in the 2:00 position it does not print nearly as bad. FN.jpg

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Awesome shooting platform. The FN is about half the weight as any other handgun it's size and 60% less recoil than a 9mm. I understand why the secret service has gone to this weapon as well as the US border patrol.

Top Bottom