Whole Foods has a Biergarten, the Domain in Austin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I'm not a Whole Foods fan, but we were just staying there last weekend and needs some snacks.

Unfortunately it was closed, as it was late, but I'm going to hit it up on my next Austin trip.

Right smack dab in the middle of the store.

20240801_211548.jpg

20240801_211558.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That really says something that they had that much space to make that kind of investment in. I can see them doing a wine room were customers tastes are different.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    All the years that I watched drunks working the renfest my personal conclusion is there's a lot of really nasty people.
    The renfest is hilarious. Lots of people watching to do.........and lots of woke. Some of those "people" take it very seriously

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    NorTex
    The WF in Richardson also has a little bar. Many WF's also have good bar food like nachos, burgers, etc. Years ago when I lived about half a mile walk from WF, they had a little bar with about 10 beers on tap, and you could buy any 6-pack in the aisle and drink it all there with free glasses. They also had great burgers, nachos, wings, fried cheese, bowl of chips, vittles, and buck-a-shuck oysters. The one I lived near even had meal specials, Burger/fries/1pint for $10. Ten dollars for that had to be at cost assuming I was going to spend $600 on groceries. Or fish and chips plus a pint for $10. Local breweries did tap takeovers with $4 pints and they'd give out swag like growlers, pint glasses, stickers, shirts, etc. Husbands would get dropped off for a couple pints to watch football, wives would shop, stop for a glass of wine, and then collect their spouses.

Needless to say I was somewhat a regular at that little bar being so close to my apartment and the bartenders took care of me. "heres a free pint, this beer isn't selling and we're trying to get rid of it".

HEB in Mckinney has beers on tap with their smokehouse restaurant in store too. Haven't been there yet, but its nowhere near setup as a bar or beer garden.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The renfest is hilarious. Lots of people watching to do.........and lots of woke. Some of those "people" take it very seriously
    My very first time there was right after I had gotten married, and money was tight. After buying tickets at the gate I was pretty much spent for the day, and back the there was no ATM or credit cards on site. I vowed to never return as it was the most stupid crap I ever seen.

Then my buddy asked what I thought of it as he was thinking about getting in on it. I told him straight up if you can't make money there for what shit cost you had to be an idiot. Then he asked me if I would come to work for him. I said I was raised that working with friends & family never worked out, and at some point it would turn to shit. I explained to him that as a meat cutter our business was on the weekends & getting off would be near impossible. I told him I rather have a friend then more work in my life too. He said he would pay me big money, and I still declined. I said couldn't see working then driving home to come back again would work either. He said their was a room that we could stay in with A/C a toilet & shower and he would pay me crazy money.

Well he did offer crazy money in more then I made at my full time job. He bought my costumes and I went to work. Turned out it was damn near 40 hours in two days and the heat and humidity was brutal. Allergens were just as rough. I ended up working 22 years for him before I wore my body out. My last season was 2018 so I missed all the covid crap.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    My very first time there was right after I had gotten married, and money was tight. After buying tickets at the gate I was pretty much spent for the day, and back the there was no ATM or credit cards on site. I vowed to never return as it was the most stupid crap I ever seen.

Then my buddy asked what I thought of it as he was thinking about getting in on it. I told him straight up if you can't make money there for what shit cost you had to be an idiot. Then he asked me if I would come to work for him. I said I was raised that working with friends & family never worked out, and at some point it would turn to shit. I explained to him that as a meat cutter our business was on the weekends & getting off would be near impossible. I told him I rather have a friend then more work in my life too. He said he would pay me big money, and I still declined. I said couldn't see working then driving home to come back again would work either. He said their was a room that we could stay in with A/C a toilet & shower and he would pay me crazy money.

Well he did offer crazy money in more then I made at my full time job. He bought my costumes and I went to work. Turned out it was damn near 40 hours in two days and the heat and humidity was brutal. Allergens were just as rough. I ended up working 22 years for him before I wore my body out. My last season was 2018 so I missed all the covid crap.
    Wow.........that's a lot of work. Especially for a meat cutter. I used to do Meal Simples at HEB meat market.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Wow.........that's a lot of work. Especially for a meat cutter. I used to do Meal Simples at HEB meat market.
    After a recent trip to the ER over my back issues thinking it may have been kidney stones(which the scan showed 2) I ended up seeing a chiropractor. When he looked at year old x rays he said my back showed many years hard labor.

Top Bottom