pic453035.jpg
    Guns International

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    No one is emailing them with a 15 word stupid email address like that. Government regulatios are stupid.

Also - no one is going to come forward and say "oh hey yeah, Private Snuffy here, I sorta misplaced my 240" or "Yeah, we sold that shit for beer and hooker money"

I cannot believe that Army CID would think putting up flyers like someoen looking for their damned lost cat is going to actually help recover a stolen or misplaced M240B. :roflfunny:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Just a cog in the investigative wheel. The 2 ID optics lockdown linked below went on for more than a week.

Santa Fe is on of the rotational training unit staging areas for NTC exercises. It’s about 4mi outside the garrison and about 37 mi to the nearest town.
    a882108eea1f6f1e23bc934bd0efed89.jpg

What usually happens is somebody misplaces a serialized item and everything stops until it’s found. If it’s not found quickly, the training unit has to ship out so the next unit can get in.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Our unit had M2 range qualification. Between the range and the unit, they lost a barrel - just the barrel. The rest of the battalion got called out about 1800. About 2100 or so, they found it. The barrel had rolled under the seats in the back of the Deuce and a half.

I also thought I remembered a an incident involving another M240 theft. Airman took it home. Best of all, it is the home of the missile fields.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Do they not do sight counts in other branches? In the usmc everything serialized that goes out the window has an id card placed in its weapon rack saying who has it. The last place you go to before you go to the field and the first place you go to after is the armory.

Bet that 240 is in mexico now

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I was stationed at Ft. Irwin '89-'91.

We were using Soviet doctrine as OPFOR back then........until Desert Storm.

All kinds of shit gets lost in the desert.

Top Bottom