• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biomass1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    I don't know if it is valid or not, but UT policy states that professors must give verbal notice if they do not want carry in their office. That means that cannot put it in their syllabus either. Regardless, I doubt that policy will stand legislative review.

It's no biggie. If you think the sign's not legal, just keep your piece concealed. That's why it's called "concealed carry".

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I talked to the University PD. They clarified the rules about guns in dorms for me. They pretty much said that as long as your legal, how you store the gun is up to you. They recommend a safe, but do not require it. None of my classes are exclusion zones (areas where guns are not allowed, mostly labs with explosive chemicals), so I can carry everywhere I need to go, so storage becomes a mute point anyways.

All the professors I have seem relatively accepting of the new law. None of them have shown any real bias, and they are not fighting it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I talked to the University PD. They clarified the rules about guns in dorms for me. They pretty much said that as long as your legal, how you store the gun is up to you.
    I keep hearing them repeat on the news that guns are banned in dorms. I think UT still has that policy even though they've been told they can't do that.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I keep hearing them repeat on the news that guns are banned in dorms. I think UT still has that policy even though they've been told they can't do that.

Every university is going to be a little different. UT Austin is the one with the antigun libtard instructors, the idiotic "cock not glock" student protestors, and I can see them trying to ban guns in their dorms.

I go to UT Tyler, where none of that seems to be an issue. :D

airnostalgia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    I was going to post that since most undergraduates are under 21 campus carry was practically a non-issue. Imagine my surprise when my research revealed that over half of college students nationwide are over 21! At UT I believe it's 57%. Of 50,00 students!

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was going to post that since most undergraduates are under 21 campus carry was practically a non-issue. Imagine my surprise when my research revealed that over half of college students nationwide are over 21! At UT I believe it's 57%. Of 50,00 students!

Most people who are studying for a bachelors degree are probably going to still be in college when they turn 21, since that degree takes at least 3-4 years to get. It's also not unusual for people to take a semester or two off before or during college, which means it takes longer to finish a degree.

I have 3 roommates. 2 of them are over 21, and the third turns 21 in December. There's enough people who are over 21 living in the dorms that they are not even trying to ban campus carry from them. They won't have an argument if they try.

I am curious how many people are actually carrying on campus. Other than myself, I know of no one who is choosing to carry at my University.

austingta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    One of these days someone is going to stop an active shooter because they were armed. That will be a good day.

Top Bottom