APOD Firearms

Who Makes a Minimalist Holster Like Alamo Tactical's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I've been using the Alamo Tactical Minimalist holster for many years. When they closed-up shop I bought several extras but I'm beginning to run low. They break after a 1-2 years where the holster curves over the pant.

Anyone know of a similar holster still in production? I like the way this one comes over the pant and hooks at the bottom of the belt. Here's a photo of the holster & my crude drawing to show how it fits IWB.

Thanks.

minimalist holster.jpg

minimalist holster dressed.jpg
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Contact any Kydex guy. They should be able to make you those since the place is out of business.

There are the trigger guard holster that have a lanyard that attaches to the belt but that is super minimal.

Found this by googling Glock minimalist holster.
    Screenshot_20210419-134426_Chrome.jpg

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The design of the Alamo Tactical Minimalist allows me to wear it with scrubs and no belt. The one @candcallen posted is similar but I'm hoping to find one that is basically the same as the Minimalist. I like the idea of asking a kydex guy to custom make one.

Without the belt the entire holster comes out when you draw so you have to practice a two hand technique that removes the holster while drawing but it's the best compromise I've found for scrubs.

Wearing a gun in scrubs is like wearing one in sweatpants.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Have you considered a "belly band" type, while wearing scrubs?
    I don't think I could wear one, but just a thought.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    The design of the Alamo Tactical Minimalist allows me to wear it with scrubs and no belt. The one @candcallen posted is similar but I'm hoping to find one that is basically the same as the Minimalist. I like the idea of asking a kydex guy to custom make one.

Without the belt the entire holster comes out when you draw so you have to practice a two hand technique that removes the holster while drawing but it's the best compromise I've found for scrubs.

Wearing a gun in scrubs is like wearing one in sweatpants.

This guy is a friend of mine. He does good work but he may not have made one exactly like that before. You should give him a call.

Crow Holsters

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, is it just a coincidence that I received an email today offering me a free "belly band" holster ?
    I mean I posted here about them yesterday....

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    I've carried G19 AIWB in a Vanguard 2 minimalist holster for years. I use a snaploop on a belt to secure it, but it also comes with option to use a lanyard. If you are wearing scrubs with no belt not sure how to make that work...I guess you tie the lanyard around something nearby available appendage? ... like a leg? Dunno. But if that holster you pictured worked for you, maybe Raven Concealment has a vanguard or similar for you.

Link here:
    Minimalist RCS Gear

If you're doing the two-hand thing, the basic holster (which just covers the trigger guard) and a lanyard are only $20.

Top Bottom