• deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Love me some pork loin.

Pretty much as a rule you smoke with fat side up. It runs through the meat and keeps it moist and more importantly it takes that great flavor through the meat.

I usually smoke pork butt if I’m smoking pork. I need to do another loin soon.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The wife gets pork tenderloins pretty regular. Smoking them seems to be the best method I have found for cooking them. I keep the rub very simple, smoke them for about an hour on each side uncovered, then pull them, wrap them in foil and back on the smoker for about another two to three hours based on their size.

The rub I use is simple.
    Salt.
    Course ground black pepper.
    Garlic powder.
    Cayenne powder.
    Brown sugar.

Smoke them with pecan and oak at about 200 to 225 degrees.
    I may try this approach. I did my first pork loin about a week ago. Now, I am new to this smoker business, so it was all learning curve. A buddy told me there's a very narrow slot of "done" before it's overdone. I don't have a temp probe, so it is guesswork. We finished this one in the oven and it was a tad overcooked. Dang. Still, was very tasty and made for great leftovers. One other thing I learned: spices and flavorings can compete with the smoke flavor. I think I'll try with less seasoning next time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I may try this approach. I did my first pork loin about a week ago. Now, I am new to this smoker business, so it was all learning curve. A buddy told me there's a very narrow slot of "done" before it's overdone. I don't have a temp probe, so it is guesswork. We finished this one in the oven and it was a tad overcooked. Dang. Still, was very tasty and made for great leftovers. One other thing I learned: spices and flavorings can compete with the smoke flavor. I think I'll try with less seasoning next time.

Recommend getting a meat thermometer or a probe. Until then, pull them early. You can always stick them in the oven if needed.

Top Bottom