• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    A 500 SW or 45-70 would be great. However, ruger is known for it’s mim casting to save on costs. If they go that route, I’m not sure their investment casting would hold up to a lot of those chamber pressures.
    MIM is more than strong enough so long as basic engineering principles are followed.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    I would like to see a really reasonably priced 336 in 30/30.

During the Remlin years they were almost giving them away. I got mine with a cheap scope for under $300 after a rebate. Now that Remington is OOB, prices on all their previous products went way up. No big issues except the loading gate spring feels like 300lbs.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    During the Remlin years they were almost giving them away. I got mine with a cheap scope for under $300 after a rebate. Now that Remington is OOB, prices on all their previous products went way up. No big issues except the loading gate spring feels like 300lbs.
    Check this out. This company is in Texas and all of their products are made here too

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    A 500 SW or 45-70 would be great. However, ruger is known for it’s mim casting to save on costs. If they go that route, I’m not sure their investment casting would hold up to a lot of those chamber pressures.

I think a large majority of Ruger rifles are investment cast, I don't think its been an issue so far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I love Marlins and Rugers so this is a match made in heaven for me. I have two Marlins LAs. A older 44 mag, and a 3030 336 stainless with the gray laminate stock. I love the look of that gun. Anxious to see what Ruger does with the line.

Reactions: MTA

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    If Ruger was smart they should be tooling up big time for lever gun production.
    If the demtards manage to get semi-auto bans enacted there will be huge demand for lever guns. Heck, there already is.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    A usually trustworthy friend send me an email proclaiming George Soros had bought Marlin. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her. She doesn't live far from DC and she may have caught something from Xiden. LOL!

Top Bottom