• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I too have been thinking of buying a new lever action rifle but I think not a Marlin (unless and old beauty). If a new one, it would probably be a Henry. Of course, I am interested to see exactly what Ruger does with the Marlin name and what guns they put out under it. If they look good, I might be tempted to try one out after some reviews by other who bought them first. If I get one it would have to be in 22 WMR or 35 REM though.

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    I didn’t know that ruger bought marlin? However, I only buy “JM” rifles so I guess it’s not an issue. I do want XLR 45-70 and maybe that’s easier to find

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Lets hope they do 454 casull lever gun to pair up with a super redhawk. I also wonder if they will try to resurrect the 480 ruger by offering one in that caliber

Id hope they would do a 460 and 500 as well but I wont hold my breath on that one

A 500 SW or 45-70 would be great. However, ruger is known for it’s mim casting to save on costs. If they go that route, I’m not sure their investment casting would hold up to a lot of those chamber pressures.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    A 500 SW or 45-70 would be great. However, ruger is known for it’s mim casting to save on costs. If they go that route, I’m not sure their investment casting would hold up to a lot of those chamber pressures.
    Thats a good point. Well if they bring back the 1895 a 45-70 is a must. I just hope they find a way to offer more calibers. I dont want to shell out $3000 for a big horn armory in .460. Well if I hit the lottery I dont mind but until then I cant justify it

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Get a bunch of folks together and contact TALO. They can have Ruger make a special run with 'TGT' serial numbers. I'd be in for one.

Me too! Have been looking at the Rossi but will wait and see what happens here before doing anything.

Reactions: MTA

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Lets hope they do 454 casull lever gun to pair up with a super redhawk. I also wonder if they will try to resurrect the 480 ruger by offering one in that caliber

Id hope they would do a 460 and 500 as well but I wont hold my breath on that one
    I wonder if that would fire 45LC as well? My buddy’s .454 Super RH shoots 45LC just fine.

Top Bottom