• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I've finished my basic collection now I'm focusing on ammo and necessary accessories. I'm building my ammo stock pile bit by bit and when I reach 1k in that caliber I switch to a different caliber right now I'm working on 7.62x51/.308. I've been running across some by todays standards killer deals on surplus ammo brass case berdan primed stuff like dag, men, malay, and radway green I even got a 250 rnd can of linked pakistani coming not to shoot but just because it was cheap and it looks cool on a belt . This is my shtf stash and what I would like to know is how this stuff shoots and to what distance this stuff is accurate to?

I'm shooting a M1A loaded with a 4-16x56 scope (not the best scope in the world but it was free so I'm gonna shoot it till it breaks) and eventually a harris bipod I'm not trying to shoot 1k yards more like 300-400 yards max.
    Gun Zone Deals

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I used to shoot all kinds of 7.62x51 surplus and the best at the time was S.African , malay, portugese and some from Aussie land when available.
    Radway and DAG were not on the market then but have heard from others that shoot it that it is good quality.
    I quit because it got to expensive for me so I sold off the m1A and equipment.
    If I could still get 140rd. battle packs for 19.00 I would still be shooting it.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    I have a lot of Radway and it's great ammo. I shoot it in an M1A, M14, FAL, and 1919A4. I also reload a lot of 7.62 x 51 for my M1A match rifle. I've never shot any other milsurp ammo. I like my guns just the way they are. Too much out there that's of dubious quality.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I'm sitting on tons of South African surplus I bought when it was ~$100 a case of 1260...you only had to buy it by the container...probably why me and a few friends ended up with so much...

That's about all I shoot in the FAL and HK21.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    The scope mt. that I had was side mounted to the reciever with a threaded knob and two set screws for leveling the mount .
    after a few rounds the set screws would come loose and the scope would rock back and fourth.
    The thread lock I used is blue in color made by LOK TITE

Top Bottom