• Do you have a Tourniquet?

• Total voters

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I'm more likely to need an extra magazine than a tourniquet.
    Statistally no, you're more likely to need a second TQ...

Most SD gun fights are 2 or 3 shots at the most. It gets REALLY rare to fire much more than that.

Do I still like my G17's ammo capacity?
    Heck yes, but you are much more likely to need a TQ than a second mag.

In a gunfight that you win, you still have a bad guy who got shot and may need a TQ. The bad guy may have shot other innocents who need a TQ, you may have been shot and need a TQ.

And you may just happen to be there when there is a crash or accident that needs a TQ. I happen to have 7 TQs with me right now but that's a story for another time.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Dammit. I do not.
    A TQ is a tool that like any other, but it is not a panacea. Direct pressure, packing, manual occlusion are all other options for controlling major bleeds outside a hospital environment and should me learned and trained.

"Around town" I generally don't have one on me. I've weighed my risks and rewards and most of the time I am happy with a couple in my vehicle.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I’m new to this so does anyone have any recommendations for one that could have in my truck or carry on me daily?
    Google or go to Amazon and search for CAT tourniquet. A few years ago there were a bunch of dodgy Chinese counterfeit versions on line but I think that’s been cleaned up by the sellers now.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I’m new to this so does anyone have any recommendations for one that could have in my truck or carry on me daily?
    Get a SOF-T or a *REAL* C.A.T.

Expect to pay $30ish... its worth having two because if you roll up on, or are in a event bad enough to need one, the chances are high a second will be needed.

Just like having a gun and some ammo, you have to practice and learn to be effective. CAT says it is a use-once item, but I have never seen a practice TQ fail, even after dozens of uses. So I personally wouldn't be afraid to "try it out" a few times while teaching yourself the basics of TCCC.

I have probably 8 or 10 floating around my vehicles and IFAKs... along with chest seals, combat gauze (NO CLOTTING POWDER!) pressure bandages, NP tubes and decomp needles etc...

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso

I would go to North American Rescue and buy a CAT from them.

I used to carry the SOF-T until I had one used on me for training. It was significantly more painful than a CAT. After that I switched to carrying a CAT.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom