• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    My daughter, who is 15, has never been interested in guns until here recently. I took her to an outdoor range this past weekend and let her shoot my Glock 17 and Sub2000. She loved it and brought the target home to show Mom, she has it in her room now. I think she may need her own 10/22 now.

I got to try out my GoPro mount on an AR pistol. My daughter doesn't want to shoot the AR because she said it's "too loud" and she can "feel the pressure of it". In fairness, it is loud, especially when when we were under the covered shooting area at the 100 yard table.

Screenshot-20240217-152836-Photos.jpg

Screenshot-20240220-223426-Photos.jpg
    Guns International

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    My daughter, who is 15, has never been interested in guns until here recently. I took her to an outdoor range this past weekend and let her shoot my Glock 17 and Sub2000. She loved it and brought the target home to show Mom, she has it in her room now. I think she may need her own 10/22 now.

I got to try out my GoPro mount on an AR pistol. My daughter doesn't want to shoot the AR because she said it's "too loud" and she can "feel the pressure of it". In fairness, it is loud, especially when when we were under the covered shooting area at the 100 yard table.

Screenshot-20240217-152836-Photos.jpg

Screenshot-20240220-223426-Photos.jpg
    One step at a time

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Only been going about every 3 weeks so far this year. When we hit the road in May I’m gonna try to find a place to shoot at least once a month hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Where at? I'm tired of shooting 200 and can't ever make it to qualify for the 500 yard range here
    One in the Chamber just outside of gatesville. Really nice range way out in the country. Nonmembers is 20$ for the day for both pistol and rifle.
    Shaded awnings, steel both ranges, pistol range goes to 50 yards, just gotta pick up your brass.
    There is an RSO but they’re super laidback.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    One in the Chamber just outside of gatesville. Really nice range way out in the country. Nonmembers is 20$ for the day for both pistol and rifle.
    Shaded awnings, steel both ranges, pistol range goes to 50 yards, just gotta pick up your brass.
    There is an RSO but they’re super laidback.
    I'd love to shoot some steel. Former IHMSA shooter from the 80's.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I'd love to shoot some steel. Former IHMSA shooter from the 80's.
    I bet that was fun, Steel plinking is my favorite I’ve never competed in a formal match just “outlaw” a couple of times.
    That was my first time hitting steel with anything not pistol caliber.

Last edited:

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Too long for me… recovering from some surgery and it will be a few more weeks.

for now…

- I occasionally shoot a few rounds of .22 Colibri primer-only in the basement (very few… my basement is not well ventilated and the primer still generates lead residue in the air)

- and I shoot a suppressed CO2 pellet rifle… it’s very quiet. I shoot at 15yds.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I bet that was fun, Steel plinking is my favorite I’ve never competed in a formal match just “outlaw” a couple of times.
    That was my first time hitting steel with anything not pistol caliber.
    First time hitting a steel ram at 200 meters (220 yds) with a pistol is what got me hooked. 357 Blackhawk single six with open sights was a blast.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    First time hitting a steel ram at 200 meters (220 yds) with a pistol is what got me hooked. 357 Blackhawk single six with open sights was a blast.
    That’s impressive! I was able to hit 600 a couple of times with the 223 I was using that made my day.
    I only had my 365 yesterday for pistol and hit the 50 yard plates 2x out of 5 that was hard even with a red dot, you’ve got some skills.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Forgive me, father, for I haven't been ... to a range in a while again.
    I don't think I've been all year. And the end of February is approaching. Shameful.
    I loaded some nice .44 Magnum loads last night. Gotta "free them"!
    Plus I also have some new rifle loads I need to test out.
    Maybe next week, if I can find time. Wish me luck!

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Forgive me, father, for I haven't been ... to a range in a while again.
    I don't think I've been all year. And the end of February is approaching. Shameful.
    I loaded some nice .44 Magnum loads last night. Gotta "free them"!
    Plus I also have some new rifle loads I need to test out.
    Maybe next week, if I can find time. Wish me luck!
    Just do it! :)

Top Bottom