• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    I had both done at the same time. Partially torn biceps tendon, rotator cuff with bone spurs and shoulder joint cleaned out. I had no real pain and managed what I had with 800mg Tylenol. My recovery was about 8 weeks. I did have to sleep sitting up and be mindful not to lay on it. As has been said here your physical therapy is very important, especially what they have you do at home and what they give you when you quit seeing the therapist. Do not skimp on this and do what they tell you to do, how they tell you to do it and how much they tell you to do.
    Hope this helps and ask me any questions you have and I will do my best to answer.
    ARJ Defense ad

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Ok, here’s my experience. First off, had a great Dr. that was highly recommended. I had a complete tear of the rotator cuff that separated an inch apart. Once he went in, he discovered a large rip in the bicep also. Repaired both. I was out of work for a week. BTW, that week was in May, in Houston and the A/C at the house went belly up! Went back to work(light duty) 3-4 weeks. Did PT that whole time. YES!! It SUCKS!! But highly suggest it. You will thank yourself for it later. Pain wise, it was not bad except for PT which is expected. And once again you’ll be glad you did PT so that it you don’t have to go through this crap again. That’s my story. Good luck with your procedure.

Bertgamble

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2019
    Midland, Tx
    I had both done at the same time. Partially torn biceps tendon, rotator cuff with bone spurs and shoulder joint cleaned out. I had no real pain and managed what I had with 800mg Tylenol. My recovery was about 8 weeks. I did have to sleep sitting up and be mindful not to lay on it. As has been said here your physical therapy is very important, especially what they have you do at home and what they give you when you quit seeing the therapist. Do not skimp on this and do what they tell you to do, how they tell you to do it and how much they tell you to do.
    Hope this helps and ask me any questions you have and I will do my best to answer.
    Wow, both at the same time!!!! You win the man card for the day. I have made arrangements to sleep sitting up for a while. I also bought an ice machine that circulates cold water through a pad on my shoulder. Hopefully that will keep pain and swelling at bay. I am happy to hear stories of how bad it isn't.

Bertgamble

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2019
    Midland, Tx
    Ok, here’s my experience. First off, had a great Dr. that was highly recommended. I had a complete tear of the rotator cuff that separated an inch apart. Once he went in, he discovered a large rip in the bicep also. Repaired both. I was out of work for a week. BTW, that week was in May, in Houston and the A/C at the house went belly up! Went back to work(light duty) 3-4 weeks. Did PT that whole time. YES!! It SUCKS!! But highly suggest it. You will thank yourself for it later. Pain wise, it was not bad except for PT which is expected. And once again you’ll be glad you did PT so that it you don’t have to go through this crap again. That’s my story. Good luck with your procedure.
    Thank you for posting. It is great that you were only out a week. I have planned for 2 weeks out, and I don't do physical work. If I could go back early, that would be great.

Top Bottom