• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    And here we go. Rant on. PSA ain't worth a shit. They sent the wrong rifle. Went to pick it up today and it's not what I ordered. The rifle I ordered does not have a top railed cover. I can't use my side mount with this turd of a rifle. The top hinged cover is loose out of the box and would never hold zero which is exactly why I didn't order one with it. The safety is floppier than a flaccid dick. It just falls down from safe to fire by gravity. The gas tube lever is also floppy. Hand guard not even bolted down and loose. I declined the rifle right there at the FFL. Now my FFL is saying they will send it back once i receive a shipping label which according to PSA will be mailed out next week. So now I have to wait several weeks to return a rifle that I didn't even order and spent a lot of money on and is not even in my possession. Never again will I buy anything from PSA. Trash company.
    That's f'd up. Every company has their lemons from time to time but this incident seems especially egregious. They should make it right but i know that's little solace when your sitting there without your rifle.
    Gun Zone Deals

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Here's the rifle they sent. The one I ordered in Post #1 clearly doesn't have this crappy hinged/railed top over.
    20230126_112845.jpg
    20230126_112456.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That's f'd up. Every company has their lemons from time to time but this incident seems especially egregious. They should make it right but i know that's little solace when your sitting there without your rifle.
    What's scary is the GF5-E is their premium line of AK's and for it to be shipped out with that many issues just shows me they are severely lacking in the QC department. Not to mention it's not even what I ordered. Yikes. I know I'll get refunded eventually. It just annoying having the money tied up for so long on something I will never get to enjoy. It's like giving a loan with no interest and no date set to get paid back.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Now they are try to tell me they sent the correct one and that it is "upgraded". No. They sent something I didnt order and are delflecting. They are also lying about calling me. I have had my phone in my had since I left the FFL and it has not rang or been busy.
    Screenshot_20230126-122833_Gmail.jpg

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That blows. It's the complete opposite on all my experiences with them. My akp has a railed cover, but it's tight and has no problem holding zero. Sucks you got a turd.
    I'm sure I could fix the lose stuff. I just don't want to. I want to use my AK master mount that i paid good money for on the side rail and have a standard rear leaf sight. Mount won't fit on this rifle with rail on top. I just don't want the rifle (since I didn't order it) and they are beating around the bush now trying to act like they gave me an upgrade and should be happy with it. It's definitely turning me off on PSA.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I probably won't see the money back for a month according to this email. They are hoping the FFL will buy it and sell it to some sucker. If that doesn't happen (and it won't because they saw that POS rifle) then I have to wait the 15 buisness days from the time it gets sent back which probably won't happen until the end of next week.

Lesson learned. Avoid PSA like the plague! Terrible rifles, terrible QC and terrible lying CS to boot. I have a PSA AR in the back of the safe. I'll be ditching that POS too!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Nah. If you’re not tooled up don’t mess with it. All the rifles I looked at checked out. Guess that was made on a Monday by lazy eyed Larry.
    I have the tools, but I shouldn't have to fix a 1,200 dollar rifle right out of the box that I didn't even order.

I should have bought a rifle made from one of the Ivan's on a Friday sipping on Vodak.

Good news is it will be handled. Bad news is I'm out the money for a while and sitting on a sweet mount and optic with no rifle. I'm definitely am not going to let them try to send me another though which they have alluded to doing. This thing was horrendously bad and my trust in them is gone. Still upset over the lies and them trying to act like they did me a favor too. I'm done with PSA forever and I'll never buy another product from them ever again and I will do my best to steer anyone clear.

I'm going to buy another Arsenal which I talked myself out of because I was hoping to get something nice for less. Should have just done the right thing from the start.

dgax65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Harris County
    I'm not much of an AK fan, but I think PSA has been improving quality. They have also been surprisingly open about responding to user issues with their firearms.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Hey Trey another option is a Zastava. Each one my fil has ordered has passed inspection and looked identically good. Rumor has it they fixed metallurgy issues years ago.
    I have considered another Zastava. I've had a couple in the past and just held a ZPAP yesterday. It was a much nicer rifle than a PSA. I'd prefer to find a rifle that will fit the master mount I have though. Looks pretty goofy on the beater 10/63. I should probably just get another WASR and throw some tacticool shit on it. Or do it to this one
    20230128_073454.jpg

Tro_tro9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2022
    McKinny, Tx
    Itchin for something and I keep looking at some AK rifles. I have a plain Jane WASR 10/63 and a Arsenal 107R. Have owned a couple Zastavas, but always traded them off. I'm looking for a tricked out AK and really like the looks of this PSA. Seems to have some pretty nice features for the price. FN barrel and Toolcarft trunnion and bolt.

What say thee patrons of TGT? Are PSA's up to par now? I've always lived off the "only buy imports" model of thought when it comes to AK'S. So who has or had a PSA made AK? What are your thoughts on them? View attachment 367300 View attachment 367302

You’ve been on Reddit too long. Psa AKs (gf3 and up) are great. Not as great as my molot vepr by any means but a ton of fun and reliable nonetheless. I recently just bought the 599 blem and it’s a fantastic beater and keeps going and going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    You’ve been on Reddit too long. Psa AKs (gf3 and up) are great. Not as great as my molot vepr by any means but a ton of fun and reliable nonetheless. I recently just bought the 599 blem and it’s a fantastic beater and keeps going and going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never spent a single second of my life on reddit. Glad you like your rifle, but if you have paid any attention at all you would see that the rifle I was sent (the wrong one too) is a complete abomination. Enjoy your rifle. My opinion is PSA makes absolute trash and it's not from second hand experience.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Never spent a single second of my life on reddit. Glad you like your rifle, but if you have paid any attention at all you would see that the rifle I was sent (the wrong one too) is a complete abomination. Enjoy your rifle. My opinion is PSA makes absolute trash and it's not from second hand experience.
    That's a little unfair. My akp isn't trash in the least, nor are many other rifles they make. I get it, you got a turd rifle and a turd rep, but please realize, your experience seems to be the exception, not the rule.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That's a little unfair. My akp isn't trash in the least, nor are many other rifles they make. I get it, you got a turd rifle and a turd rep, but please realize, your experience seems to be the exception, not the rule.
    I don't think having an opinion is unfair and I realize companies such as PSA wouldn't be booming with business if they put of crappy products consistently. I have a sample size of 1 as far the AK's go. Could they turn around and send me a something legit. I'm sure they could. I have defended PSA before, but I'm not doing it now. They fucked up and sent me trash. Going forward that is my opinion of PSA.

Top Bottom