• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Some police chiefs who are political appointees anti gun can phuck with your app. They have in the past. Refused to sign off and even called the ATF and delayed. Again in the past and why its sherrif only.

Its probably different now that it is notify only but I still would only send it to county sherriff's.

They are the chief LEO in the county. Technically anyways. And answer to the people thru the election.

Do as you wish.

Never heard of any problems since notify only.

OP was not asking about send to his local chief, it was about sending it to MCaw.

I used to send them to Dallas Sheriff Lupe, she was so stupid she sent them back saying she does not sign them (after it was notify only). I then sent them to the trash as notify was completed.
    Venture Surplus ad

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    No cover letter, just send the copy the form provides. He gets hundreds a week, he does not read cover letters.
    Gotcha, but what I have right now is a watermarked DRAFT marked as ATF Copy ON the bottom. Don't I need the copy specifically marked for the Chief LEO?

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I got my Form 1 filled today. Evidently I hosed it a bit with my caliber selection because I put 7.62 and mm for 300 blackout. Technically that's correct but it's now being researched and I don't have a cover letter yet to send to the Sheriff's office.

If you made your own Model # on the Form 1 application, it will go to Research and take 4-8 weeks before you will receive another email with your Cover letter and Submitted copies of your application.
    Then you will send your fingerprint cards in to the BATFE along with sending a copy of the Submitted application to your local CLEO. It will have CLEO Copy on the bottom of the page.
    I just take mine to the Sherriff's office since it's only a few miles away from me, and drop them off. They no longer need to sign off on anything, they just need a copy of your application.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    If you made your own Model # on the Form 1 application, it will go to Research and take 4-8 weeks before you will receive another email with your Cover letter and Submitted copies of your application.
    Then you will send your fingerprint cards in to the BATFE along with sending a copy of the Submitted application to your local CLEO. It will have CLEO Copy on the bottom of the page.
    I just take mine to the Sherriff's office since it's only a few miles away from me, and drop them off. They no longer need to sign off on anything, they just need a copy of your application.
    Ehhh...the serial number was already there. Unfortunately the rifle caliber for the serial number states "Multi", on the application I put 7.62mm so I think that's what they're researching. Now that I think about it though, I'll need to get 7.62 engraved on the lower won't I?

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Ehhh...the serial number was already there. Unfortunately the rifle caliber for the serial number states "Multi", on the application I put 7.62mm so I think that's what they're researching. Now that I think about it though, I'll need to get 7.62 engraved on the lower won't I?

Sorry, I was talking about a Form 1 suppressor application. If you make up your own Model #, the application goes directly to research and delays you getting your Cover Letter and Submitted status.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ton All,

I'm NOT sure that there is a COMPREHENSIVE list. - Here in Bexar County the CONSTABLE of PCT 3 has signed Form 1 for submission to BATFE & those Form 1 documents were accepted.
    (Constables & Sheriffs are CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS in Texas.)

ONE of the "problems with" BATFE is that what is OK/NOT OK is a matter of "whim of UNELECTED bureaucrats" on a particular day.

yours, satx

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Ton All,

I'm NOT sure that there is a COMPREHENSIVE list. - Here in Bexar County the CONSTABLE of PCT 3 has signed Form 1 for submission to BATFE & those Form 1 documents were accepted.
    (Constables & Sheriffs are CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS in Texas.)

ONE of the "problems with" BATFE is that what is OK/NOT OK is a matter of "whim of UNELECTED bureaucrats" on a particular day.

yours, satx

You no longer need any CLEO signature on anything, you just send them a copy of the application that is marked CLEO Copy on the bottom of the page.

Top Bottom