• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I made a modified white gravy with fine diced shallots & seeded jalapenos that were slightly carmelized in bacon grease. Added the flour & cooked it a bit, then salt pepper & milk.

Next I toasted 2 Bay's English muffins (the ones from the dairy case). While they toaste crunchy brown i scrambled 5 eggs with milk in hot bacon grease until wet. Muffins got a pat of butter then some gravy eggs & more gravy.

I'm not convinced adding any meat would have added to the way it turned out. Next time I'll try making some smoked sausage bacon with it. That's taking a quality smoked sausage (I'll use Holmes) & citting it in 3's length wise then air frying it. Hell the rendered smoked sausage fat would add to the gravies flavor!
    Guns International

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Hell I'd give that a try! Sounds pretty good. But, I'd rather have some biscuits than muffins though.
    A toasted Sourdough English muffins is pretty damn easy when compared to biscuits. Then again I could buy tube or frozen biscuits.

The English Muffins over on the bread island are complete crap when compared to the ones in the dairy case.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A toasted Sourdough English muffins is pretty damn easy when compared to biscuits. Then again I could buy tube or frozen biscuits.

The English Muffins over on the bread island are complete crap when compared to the ones in the dairy case.

No offense, but I just never really liked English muffins for some reason. I like biscuits better.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Baboon, I make biscuits from scratch usually just the way my grandmother taught me! I can make them as big as I want them to be.
    There are 2 resturants that huge biscuits are simple perfection. When I try make huge biscuits they are either over or under cooked. My old buddy in Palestine use to make buttermilk biscuits in a skillet. They were silver dollar sized but a great biscuit.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I made a modified white gravy with fine diced shallots & seeded jalapenos that were slightly carmelized in bacon grease. Added the flour & cooked it a bit, then salt pepper & milk.

Next I toasted 2 Bay's English muffins (the ones from the dairy case). While they toaste crunchy brown i scrambled 5 eggs with milk in hot bacon grease until wet. Muffins got a pat of butter then some gravy eggs & more gravy.

I'm not convinced adding any meat would have added to the way it turned out. Next time I'll try making some smoked sausage bacon with it. That's taking a quality smoked sausage (I'll use Holmes) & citting it in 3's length wise then air frying it. Hell the rendered smoked sausage fat would add to the gravies flavor!
    Add peppered bacon bits to your pepper & onion sautee.....

....you'll thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Sounds delicious. Restaurant chain 'Egg and I' sells what they call their 'Country Benedict'
    Biscuits topped with a sausage patty and a poached egg then smothered in sausage cream gravy.
    Heart attack on a plate and tasty as hell!

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    If you want my buttermilk biscuit recipe shoot me a PM.

EasyPhotoEditor_15062020_212906.jpg

Attachments

• EasyPhotoEditor_15062020_212906.jpg
      EasyPhotoEditor_15062020_212906.jpg
      571.5 KB · Views: 301
    Top Bottom