• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    So I am having a little difficulty finding Buffalo Trace except at one store but they’re @ $60 for a fifth. I bought one but damn that seems high. Haven’t tried Dickel yet. It’s on the short list.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So I am having a little difficulty finding Buffalo Trace except at one store but they’re @ $60 for a fifth. I bought one but damn that seems high. Haven’t tried Dickel yet. It’s on the short list.

That’s really high, even considering BT is one of the most consistently good distillers and the market is stupid crazy.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Damn. It's usually 19.99 for 750ml at total wine. I get it by the handle when they have em.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Damn. It's usually 19.99 for 750ml at total wine. I get it by the handle when they have em.

No that price is out of wack. I’m gonna bring it up to the owner who seems like a good guy. I hadn’t bought a bottle of BT in a while. Hell I haven’t seen any in a long time but I run a pretty small circle these days. I branched out yesterday and found Buffalo Trace on the shelf at the new Specs in Sherman for $25. Shame on me for spending $60 for a bottle. That’s on me but I still want to bring it to the attention of the local bottle store owner. I’m going to assume there’s been a mistake. We’ll see what happens. I expect to pay a little more for the convenience (example is Jim Beam Black - at specs was $18 - at local store is $22)

I also found this so I snagged a bottle of this while at Specs. We had a taste last night for a night cap. My first impression was good!

IMG_6657.JPG

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    No that price is out of wack. I’m gonna bring it up to the owner who seems like a good guy. I hadn’t bought a bottle of BT in a while. Hell I haven’t seen any in a long time but I run a pretty small circle these days. I branched out yesterday and found Buffalo Trace on the shelf at the new Specs in Sherman for $25. Shame on me for spending $60 for a bottle. That’s on me but I still want to bring it to the attention of the local bottle store owner. I’m going to assume there’s been a mistake. We’ll see what happens. I expect to pay a little more for the convenience (example is Jim Beam Black - at specs was $18 - at local store is $22)

I also found this so I snagged a bottle of this while at Specs. We had a taste last night for a night cap. My first impression was good!

View attachment 231428
    I still haven't opened that Dickel bottle to try. IIRC that was $30 at total wine. There is a smaller mom and pop liquor store near me. When I went to check it out they had plenty of buffalo trace. But it was marked $30 for the 750. Other things were equally marked higher than total wine. I would like to support the mom and pop but not at a 50% price increase.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Yeah I talked to my local owner and he did explain the price. For him it’s cases vs bottles. It’s a remote store and his supplier sets his price since he only has a couple of bottles at a time for the good stuff. He did say if I was interested in a case he’d could get that price down but for me I don’t drink at that level and I enjoy variety over just one brand. I think the Dickel BIB was around $34 at Specs. It was their last bottle so I brought it home . I had a couple more sips last night. It’s a good one!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Whiskey - I prefer white stuff to whiskey but will make an exception now and again. Right now, I have some Knappogue Castle 12 year old bourbon cask aged, a bottle of Laird's Applejack, and a bottle of Mellow Corm (100 proof) Kentucky straight corn whiskey (straight corn whiskey with none of that overly sweet bourbon taste that I have come to detest since I matured - no offense to bourbon lovers intended).

With the election the way it is right now I am drinking a swig of that from the bottle as I type. It is so terrible it is good. One more swig, going down again as I type, for me and it will dull the pain (at least for the moment) of a possible Biden win. And to think, I was going to celebrate the Trump win with some Tanqueray (Gin - not an alcoholic beverage but a state of mind) or some Kirschwasser (a brandy made from cherries but truly much more like white lightning than a sweet brandy) but right now there is no celebration in view. Damn, a third swig or at least another sip of that Mellow Corn is in order and done! My goodness, I may be getting plastered tonight; damn, I hope I remember to walk the dog, for the last time today, some time later tonight before I am too drunk to remember. I hate the smell of pissed on carpet on the morning.

Top Bottom