DK Firearms

Which oil fields are hiring? Which companies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Friend of an Army friend is wanting to get into the oil field work. I think he would be new to it with no experience. He said he cant find anyone hiring. I asked him and he said he will pass any drug test.

So whos hiring and where?

Thanks!
    Lynx Defense

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    CDL license with tanker and hazmat endorsements.
    He'll be hired before the license is in the mail.
    Lay out about 4k upfront for the school. The school will damn sure get him hired.

Friend of mine retired USAF last fall.
    Took the course. Schlumberger hired him through the school.
    6 months later and he's working for a local supply house. Local runs only and home every night plus a decent path to move up the internal ladder.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Here in Houston a lot of those jobs post to a site called "rig zone dot com". I've heard a few friends discuss it. If he's coming to Houston to do this, I can recommend a great support/networking group that's pretty much guaranteed to generate leads.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    Drilling companies are always hiring if he's interested in going offshore. Diamond, Transocean, Ensco, Noble....<------and those are just some of the deepwater ones that pay the best.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Search in the Eagle Ford Shale for jobs. I see a lot that don't require experience that even I have thought about applying for. Plus it is not far from Austin.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    CDL license with tanker and hazmat endorsements.
    He'll be hired before the license is in the mail.
    Lay out about 4k upfront for the school. The school will damn sure get him hired.

Friend of mine retired USAF last fall.
    Took the course. Schlumberger hired him through the school.
    6 months later and he's working for a local supply house. Local runs only and home every night plus a decent path to move up the internal ladder.
    This but if he's close to Austin there is a school on 290 that charges 1k for the license.
    And don't forget the tanker endorsement. That is a must

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    Point Thomson is the rage up on the North Slope, Alaska right now. Main player is Exxon Mobile. Main hiring company is CHM2Hill. ASRC is the subcontractor along with ICE Services.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Or, Patterson Drilling out in Midland/Odessa.
    Ain't enough "hands" to keep those rigs running.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Friend of an Army friend is wanting to get into the oil field work. I think he would be new to it with no experience. He said he cant find anyone hiring. I asked him and he said he will pass any drug test.

So whos hiring and where?

Thanks!

Military experience, tell him to put in with haliburton and schlumberger both as a field technician. No exp. needed mid-six fig income rather quickly. They'll give him choices on where he can move when he's hired.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Big Dawg rig movers out in Midland Odessa was hiring last I was out there, December of '13. Petro was as well. Quite a few others out there I can't think of right now. Mostly grunt work and long assed days with decent pay when starting at the bottom. But if he get's his foot in the door...

If you want, I still have a few contacts I can call. Just let me know.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Big Dawg rig movers out in Midland Odessa was hiring last I was out there, December of '13. Petro was as well. Quite a few others out there I can't think of right now. Mostly grunt work and long assed days with decent pay when starting at the bottom. But if he get's his foot in the door...

If you want, I still have a few contacts I can call. Just let me know.

Cool man. This is a friend of a friend. I dont really know the guy. Cant vouch for him but appreciate the info.

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    Have a friend working up there. The scenery is...stark.
    They are delusional....lol... Whats not to like... Summertime (if you wanna call it a summertime)...no breeze equals mosquitos the size of birds..no darkness.. muskox, caribou, bears, polor bears...oh and the occasional snow shower off and on throughout the summer. and winter..lol....its cold and white and lots of snow. Barely if any daylight for 3-4mnths....Glad im only here 2 wks on..2 wks back in Texas

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Cool man. This is a friend of a friend. I dont really know the guy. Cant vouch for him but appreciate the info.

No problem. I'll make a call or three on Thurs. Like you, I'm just passing along some info. It's all up to him what he does with it

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Got a few company names from one gal I know still out there. The guy I knew that worked on one of the rigs quit after a nasty accident, car wreck, not rig, and fund out due to injuries, his oil days are over. He was still a bit doped up too, so nothing worthwhile there.

Big Dawg

Petro

Brazos Rock

Apache - rig movers I think

Pioneer Natural Resources

Schlumberger

Halliburton

Baker Hughes

Good start for him is to get his CDL with Tanker AND HAZMAT endorsements. Almost all companies need CDL drivers and those two endorsements make for a very nice paycheck. Included is also a Manta link from google with some oilfield companies in the Basin.

Oil Field Services in Midland, Texas - Manta

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The bakken fields are HOT right now. But you don't want to be there over the winter, lol. Eagleford shale is hot too. Marathon runs a few rigs there, but almost everything is subcontracted out from what I know. You can hardly throw a hat and not hit people trying to find hands for oil field work.

Top Bottom