DK Firearms

Which Curios & Relics Firearms Do You Own (C&R)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I just got to cleaning my guns, what else to do on a holiday Monday in NE TX! The first one I pulled out was my Hungarian Mosin Nagant M44, all matching numbers. I was amazed at how clean, bright and shiny was the bore and at the small amount of surface rust in in one area only because I probably have not cleaned it in six months to a year. I guess those silicone impregnated gun socks really do work (along with a can of desiccant as well). Anyway, I gave it a good going over and one other thing surprised me - there was some Cosmoline (or whatever equivalent the commies used) between the mag spring and the mag floorplate. I most surely remember cleaning that more than once but I guess not good enough. No Cosmo anywhere else.

Even though it is one of my favorite rifles, I have not shot it in a long time. That will be resolved in the not too distant future (I figure in about a week and a day or two) since I recently picked up 400 rounds of 7.62X54R for it. My trigger finger is itchy but my right shoulder may not be so eager. Should be fun though, always has been in the past.

I have several C&R guns:

Argentine Sistema Colt 1927

Beretta 1934 manufactured in 1941.

Colt Detective Special 1st issue, manufactured 1932 (not sure if this qualifies as C&R since it was modified).

Colt Frontier Scout manufactured in 1960.

Harrington & Richardson .22 Large Frame Top Break, probably second variation manufactured between 1928 - 1930.

Harrington & Richardson "Hammerless" 12 Ga made between 1925 - 1941.

High Standard Double Nine, nickel finish, manufactured sometime between 1958 - 1970, an early model without the return spring on the ejector as best I recall.

Hopkins & Allen 16 gauge single. (Forgot I sold that one, sure had me scratchig my head where it went until I looked in my C&R book!)

Model I.J. Target Sealed 8 Second Model, made between 1947 - 1954.

Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works Third Model Safety Automatic Hammer, 22 rimfire, manufactured 1909 - 1941.

Marlin 1936, 2nd variation, case colored receiver & tang etc., B prefix, manufactured 1941.

Mauser Chileno Model 1895 7mm Mauser.

Mauser Yugo M24/47.

Mosin Nagant M44, 7.62x54R, Hungarian

Ortgies Deutsche Werke, 7.65mm, pistol (I have two of these)

Remington Model 10, 12 gauge slide action shotgun.

Remington Model 29, 12 gauge pump action.

Remington Model 31, 16 gauge, slide action.

Remington Model 141 Gamemaster, slide action in 35 REM.

Remington 513T Matchmaster, 22 LR, bolt action.

Ruger Single Six Convertible, Old Model (not modified with transfer bar), manufactured 1968.

Stevens Model 85, 22 LR, semi-auto.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yup.
    Numerous Mosin Nagants, Mausers, K31's, Enfields (No 1. MK 2, 3, & 4), SKS's, M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, etc..
    In short, if you could buy it from the CMP, AIM Surplus, or Century Arms web pages in 2005, I probably have at least 2.

One (1) is none, and two (2) is one.

Southern Ohio Gun got a lot of my money too, back in the day....

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Before that horrible incident with the Titanic II, I had several 1911s (can you imagine Army 1911 with those?}, A luger, an M1, A Star D 380, 2 revolvers that would be in just a few years-- A python and DW model 12.

Stolen in 1975 were two French pistols. The were a flintlock and a percussion martial pistols. Serial numbers were 5611 and 5612. Mat at the French national armory at St. Etienne. Those were a hoot to shoot.

Here's the sequence of firing as I remember. Aim, Pull trigger, set pistol down, light cigarette, pick pistol back up and re aim, wait for bang. They will show you if you flinch.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I had to Google to see what qualifies.
    I have alot of guns which have been in the family over 50 years.

ETA: But I haven't bought any.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    How would I know if they are?
    See: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios-relics

If you get a C&R FFL from ATF, you can have C&R guns shipped directly to you from a dealer or another CR holder across states lines, no reason to go through a dealer with an FFL (unless you live ina place like NY) and then have to pay the dealer for doing the transfer.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I have a bunch. They are all cz/vz pistols and rifles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I just got my C&R, and there is just not much out there right now. I’m watching a couple Mosins and an M1 on gunbroker. I did buy a Beretta M1951 last week. I have it torn apart right now. Gonna re-blue the slide and frame probably. Might put a high chrome like polish on the trigger and a couple other parts just to be different. I have an SKS that I’ve had for about a year or so. Love shooting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I just got my C&R, and there is just not much out there right now. I’m watching a couple Mosins and an M1 on gunbroker. I did buy a Beretta M1951 last week. I have it torn apart right now. Gonna re-blue the slide and frame probably. Might put a high chrome like polish on the trigger and a couple other parts just to be different. I have an SKS that I’ve had for about a year or so. Love shooting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out this auction: https://hessney.hibid.com/catalog/229899/09-19-20-early-gun-and-military-online-auction/. Not as many guns as they usually have (usually over 300 per auction) but still around 200. The list will not be finalized until a couple or few days before the auction date.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've got an H&R Model 6 (probably) single shot 16-gauge with a 36" barrel that I inherited. The barrel is old Damascus, so it's not safe to fire with modern shells. I understand it put a few squirrels on the dinner table back in it's day.

Top Bottom