• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I usually carry a Sig P365 in a sticky holster in my front jeans pocket. If i am going somewhere work related, the LCP II in a sticky holster replaces it. It's smaller, lighter, and less likely for anyone to ask if that's a gun in my pocket or am I just happy to see them.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Nope. I hate small framed pistols. My hands too big for them thangs. Had a bodyguard and hated it.
    Smallest pistol I could reliably handle was the LC9, and I had to add a grip sleeve to that. I had to hold the slide with the support hand and use my shooting hand to change mags. I eventually swapped it for a LCR 9mm and never regretted it.

That said, I would like to try the LCP .22lr. I hated the .380 version....worse than shooting .357 from a LCR, IMHO. I would hope the .22lr would be easier in that small a pistol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    The only gun I ever ankle carries was a Glock 42 with a spare mag. I used an ankle bite holster I believe that’s the name. And a boot holster I found at a gun show a few years ago. The alien gear one is to much hassle for my liking. And it’s a two piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Correction of the holster manufacturer. It’s Renegade Gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Massad Ayoob discusses the practicality and considerations of ankle holsters for carrying handguns. Ayoob acknowledges the historical use of ankle holsters, emphasizing their popularity as secondary or backup carry options. He recounts anecdotes of individuals whose lives were saved due to ankle holsters in specific situations, such as when seated in a vehicle or after losing a primary gun. Ayoob also demonstrates drawing from an ankle holster and offers his recommendations.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    +1 Galco Gun Glove. I use a Gun Glove when I carry my G26 on the ankle.

Unfortunately you might be spending some money doing trial and error. The ankle is a difficult place to fit a holster.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Try drawing from one and getting an accurate shot on target.

Oh, be sure you do the “stop, drop, and roll” as if you were on fire for about 20 feet before you attempt it.;)

It should dissuade most folks from this type of carry.
    unless one sits in a car or at a desk for long hours, an ankle holster is pretty much a novelty tbh.

Top Bottom