Target Sports

Where to shoot machine guns in Houston area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Shooter's Station in Conroe used to allow full auto, but I don't know about the new owner. (It's now BTO.) We had a TGT meet maybe 6 0r 7 years ago and several people brought full auto rifles.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some of the indoor ranges are fine with it, but then everyone camera is on you and everyone wants to run crap ammo thru it.

I can’t remember it’s full name but there was a club ______ Zone out in Fulshear that allowed them. Plus a few scattered private ranges that were by membership or invite.

Your best bet is find someone with land Thad safe to do so on.

The Y.O. Ranch has an annual shoot that is by invite only. I went to it for years and enjoyed it. It was all inclusive with meals, range & room for a 3 day event. Now it’s farther then I would want to drive.

I would love to find a new shoot here in central, Texas that offered up something like the Y.O. or the old Leona shoot. Going to one’s property ain’t bad, having car & junk out to some distances is much more fun. You need hard target to break chalk rounds.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I think Full Armor off I-10 between Dairy Ashford and Kirkwood used to allow it, but it's been like a decade since I've been there so you might want to call first :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Unless something has changed, Spring Guns and Ammo rents some full-auto stuff for use on their range. You have to buy your ammo from them, of course.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Some of the indoor ranges are fine with it, but then everyone camera is on you and everyone wants to run crap ammo thru it.

I can’t remember it’s full name but there was a club ______ Zone out in Fulshear that allowed them. Plus a few scattered private ranges that were by membership or invite.

Your best bet is find someone with land Thad safe to do so on.

The Y.O. Ranch has an annual shoot that is by invite only. I went to it for years and enjoyed it. It was all inclusive with meals, range & room for a 3 day event. Now it’s farther then I would want to drive.

I would love to find a new shoot here in central, Texas that offered up something like the Y.O. or the old Leona shoot. Going to one’s property ain’t bad, having car & junk out to some distances is much more fun. You need hard target to break chalk rounds.
    Does anyone run other than crap ammo through their full auto? :confused: That's the only kind I can afford. I mean OK if I had an Original 1928 Thompson, I'd keep it in a glass case and wear gloves to handle it. But my beat up Powder Springs MAC10/9 was made for crappy lacquer coated commie Wolf or Bubba's 3 time reloads that he did when he was drunk.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Does anyone run other than crap ammo through their full auto? :confused: That's the only kind I can afford. I mean OK if I had an Original 1928 Thompson, I'd keep it in a glass case and wear gloves to handle it. But my beat up Powder Springs MAC10/9 was made for crappy lacquer coated commie Wolf or Bubba's 3 time reloads that he did when he was drunk.
    Not all machine guns are created equally, nor do they hold the same value.

I see it as like it no different then a guy with a totally cherry 60’s restored muscle car using the cheapest gas & oil on it.

Your “beat up Powder Springs Mac 10/9” if transferable is worth $9-10k. Could be you bought years ago for under $1k. I have about $15K in my MP5K, with current value being $40K.

A buddy of mine has a M60. He recently reconfigured it as an E3, from D (door) set up. The few parts needed for a D cost $3,500.00. While I see him offer up a belts of ammo to strangers it’s never cheap ass steel case.

It’s to the point where even the cost of a post sample gun makes cheap ammo a bad idea.

Top Bottom