• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    Thought that Shoot Smart in far north Fort Worth might, but just checked their website and their rental fleet doesn't include a Sigma. Sorry.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If you get south to Baytown, I could fix you up for free at our range. Just buy your ammo, please. I like the Sigmas and have absolutely NO complaints about them. In fact, I like them enough to have TWO and will soon standardize them as my house "go to" pistols.

The trigger pull is what people seem to gripe about but it is a striker fired pistol like the Glock and if you can shoot a Glock, you can shoot the Sigma. Academy has a super price on them for 1/2 the price of a Glock! Removing the slide of a Sigma is identical to disassembling the Glock. The slides are stainless.

The Sigma is 16+1 rounds and it comes with two Stainless Steel mags. The accessory rail is not standard but Midway sells an adapter for $10.

Flash

mrtoolman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Grand Prairie, TX
    If you get south to Baytown, I could fix you up for free at our range. Just buy your ammo, please. I like the Sigmas and have absolutely NO complaints about them. In fact, I like them enough to have TWO and will soon standardize them as my house "go to" pistols.

The trigger pull is what people seem to gripe about but it is a striker fired pistol like the Glock and if you can shoot a Glock, you can shoot the Sigma. Academy has a super price on them for 1/2 the price of a Glock! Removing the slide of a Sigma is identical to disassembling the Glock. The slides are stainless.

The Sigma is 16+1 rounds and it comes with two Stainless Steel mags. The accessory rail is not standard but Midway sells an adapter for $10.

Flash

I wish I could make it out there, but that drive is too long :(. I appreciate the offer for sure. I may just go ahead and buy it from Academy, I've heard nothing but good things about it. How is its kick relative to maybe a Glock 19?

Bufford, I called Bullet Trap. They said they only have the M&P. I really hope I find somewhere local to shoot the gun...

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Just to confuse the issue, our local Academy(NW Austin) had the 'Disaster Kit' that includes the Sigma 9mm and a box of 'disaster' goodies on clearance. Might check your local store in case they have one left.

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    Good stuff, my friend has one and the trigger is the pits. one thing to keep in mind is the rail takes an adaptor and makes the front ofthe gum "HUNKY"

mrtoolman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Well, I went ahead and got the gun. Will be taking it to the range later this week. I went ahead and performed the trigger mod.... I couldn't be happier!! It is now very smooth and much lighter. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on it!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How is its kick relative to maybe a Glock 19?

Nice purchase! I'm sure that you'll like the pistol.

Recoil? I'm a life long .45 ACP shooter and recently got into 9mm's because of the ammo cost of the .45. All of the 9mm's are pretty tame compared to the 1911 from my perspective. I took my CHL test and then renewed it using the 1911. I may renew next time using the 9mm.

I let the 'Net chatter turn me away from the Sigma for years but found those complaints were just crap. I have two of them and they are the best value for the buck that I've found anywhere. Enjoy the Sigma and don't let anyone turn you away from it.

The complaints about the Sigma center on the triggers. I see very little difference in the triggers of Glock or Sigma as both are striker fired and cock the striker as the trigger is pulled. The Sigma trigger is a bit heavier than the Glock 17 but my Sigmas don't have as many rounds through them as the Glocks. Length of trigger pull is about the same. Both have a trigger latch mechanism as a safety. I'll look at the trigger comparisons in about a year after more rounds get down the tube.

Flash

mrtoolman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Well I took it to the range this weekend. I LOVE It with that modified trigger. It felt and performed better for me than any other gun I've shot and I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks everyone for your input!

Top Bottom