• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westly

Car Enthusiast By Day. Engineer By Night.
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Houston, TX
    Check Texasguntrader, I've bought some good stuff there for a good price recently. A lot of scammers and tire kickers to weed through.
    Gun Zone Deals

GennadiyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    Adelbridge in san antonio has a huge inventory, from what I can tell prices are fair but not a steal. Got a 357 from them a couple weeks ago and it was pleasant. If you’re looking for something particular you can walk into a decent pawn shop and tell them what you are looking for, give them your name/number and they will call you when/if it comes in, mileage may vary with that one though..find a decent pawn shop.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Here first, TGT, check for local auctions on Proxibid.
    Yeah, NO...
    I just went through an ordeal with Proxibid.
    Wasn't local, but that doesn't matter, Proxibid is like the wild west, and looks like there is a bunch of shill bidding going on.

I've found deals at pawn shops, gun shows, and Gun Broker.

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    A lot of local gun shops/ranges carry a small amount of used firearms (some on consignment)

I’ve had some luck here, it may take some time if there’s something specific you’re looking for. But check regularly and you may get lucky and find something you want close by at a reasonable price.

I’ve never had any luck at pawn shops.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Nah thats legit. My brother's uncle's cousin's room mate three times removed said it was the real deal
    Just got back from South Fork gun show. I just had to let you know there was a 45-70 there that was carried by the Rough Riders up San Juan Hill. I told him I had to check with your brother's uncle's cousin's room mate three times removed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Always ask. Always. If you're willing to wait around while they go back into the house to dig out that old gun their grandfather left them, you can pick up some amazing deals.
    many years ago i picked up relica 36 calber cap and ball pistol at a yard sale for$25 ended up selling it to co-worker that was into blackpowder firearms for $5.00.00

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

Years back, I knew a car guy in Houston who followed-up on obits. Often the deceased leaves an un-needed auto or truck. Or, sufficient cash for the heir to buy themself a new car.

Guy would just call & leave a message: ’’Sorry for your recent loss. If you have a vehicle you need to sell, or to trade for something newer, I can be reached @ 000-000-0000.’’

He got quite a few responses, and did a lot of business.

I often wonder if one could find guns that way, too ?

leVieux

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    <>

Years back, I knew a car guy in Houston who followed-up on obits. Often the deceased leaves an un-needed auto or truck. Or, sufficient cash for the heir to buy themself a new car.

Guy would just call & leave a message: ’’Sorry for your recent loss. If you have a vehicle you need to sell, or to trade for something newer, I can be reached @ 000-000-0000.’’

He got quite a few responses, and did a lot of business.
    Vulture

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yeah, but that's how estate liquidators find business. Most of them have a gun guy on speed dial but if you have a relationship with one, they can be a source.

Estate sales, not so much. Typically the guns will be sold before the public sale happens.

As an aside, not always but all too often, they go to the liquidators cousin for a too-low price. Cousin then hands them back to the liquidator for a small fee and the liquidator can take their time maximizing return while cutting the widow out of any profit.

Sad but I've seen it.

Top Bottom