• ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    "Embracing Texas values."

That's one of the biggest reasons I would move to Texas, we share some very basic, common values.

"Yanking my chain."

I understand that very well, in fact I may be "guilty" of that in my home forum. If so, then I owe @RoadRunner a beer when I get down there. But none of that cheap stuff. Gotta be Coors Light or better.
    Shiner for the win

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Looks like a beautiful area.
    It is. People don't understand how gorgeous the landscape is in the "big country". I would move in a heartbeat if the finances (and the wife) were right somewhere between Sweetwater and Amarillo

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Come on down!

We put up a sign for people from there (and NY, NJ, IL, and CA):
    vkc3wzG.jpg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Stay away from Houston like it's Worcester
    ^^this^^
    I‘ve lived in Houston all but 4 years of my life. I hate it here, but that’s where my job is and where my wife works. Lived in Shiner for the four years in the mid oughts. Pay sucked but quality of life was so much better. I’d go back and forgo the higher paycheck if I could.

If I were starting fresh, I’d pick somewhere with the basics like groceries, some sort of variety store, maybe a hardware store or ranch supply, gas station, possibly a small dr office or urgent care within a 15 or 20 minute drive, and major facilities like hospitals, car dealerships, major shopping no more than an hour away. That’s just me though. Texas is such a great state, even what I would consider a sh!t hole here is better than many other areas of the country.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I would NOT move to any place that is directly north of DFW. Wichita falls is a good pick

I live in fannin county and the urban sprawl is getting to be right at our county line. Anywhere from gainesville to paris is going to be a built up, transplant infested(no offense) shithole in 20 years

What part of WY are you considering? Most parts of the state have little infrastructure but you wont be sweating your nuts off with 110 degree summers for 6-7 straight months
    We drove through Wyoming in early September. The towns in that state reminded me of the Hallmark movies my wife likes to watch. Very picturesque, and the entire state is just beautiful. I wouldn’t mind living there, but I don’t think I could adjust to the snow and frigid temps

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    We drove through Wyoming in early September. The towns in that state reminded me of the Hallmark movies my wife likes to watch. Very picturesque, and the entire state is just beautiful. I wouldn’t mind living there, but I don’t think I could adjust to the snow and frigid temps
    Yep I was just up there in November. That was the coldest wind I have ever felt in my life. I still think id rather have that than a Texas summer stuck inside with the wife who is trying to bitch the hot weather into cold weather

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I would suggest you look at Henrietta, Nocona, Bowie, or a couple other towns in that area. Saint Jo and Muenster are worth a look. Good local communities and easy access to bigger cities. Not yet affected by the insane real estate prices we are seeing here.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I made the move from MA 41 years ago. I live in East Texas (Henderson County). About 30 minutes from Tyler and 1 hour 15 minutes from Dallas. I get not wanting to be too far from a city especially as we get older, but I never want to live in one.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I made the move from MA 41 years ago. I live in East Texas (Henderson County). About 30 minutes from Tyler and 1 hour 15 minutes from Dallas. I get not wanting to be too far from a city especially as we get older, but I never want to live in one.
    Oh BTW You are about 90 minutes from NOSC NAS JRB Fort Worth, or Barksdale AFB in Bossier City LA.

Top Bottom