• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FPrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As soon as certain life events occur I intend to move from Massachusetts. The sooner the better, but two things have to happen first, neither of which I feel the need to discuss right now.

I am looking at two states, Texas and Wyoming. If Texas, I would like to live in Northern Texas to be close to my daughter and grandkids in KS. The Wichita Falls area is a possibility. I'd to be near a large city but not right there.

Are there any people from this area who can advise me as to places to consider, and more importantly, places to avoid.
    Target Sports

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As soon as certain life events occur I intend to move from Massachusetts. The sooner the better, but two things have to happen first, neither of which I feel the need to discuss right now.

I am looking at two states, Texas and Wyoming. If Texas, I would like to live in Northern Texas to be close to my daughter and grandkids in KS. The Wichita Falls area is a possibility. I'd to be near a large city but not right there.

Are there any people from this area who can advise me as to places to consider, and more importantly, places to avoid.

I've never lived in North Texas, but spent years in South Texas, Deep South-RGV, S.E., West Texas, & The People's Republic of Travis (Austin).

McKinney, on the northeast edge of the DFW Metro Area, is a very nice town.

One other reportedly very nice place is Tulsa, OK,

I have spent lots of time up at Cambridge and understand your wanting to get out of Massachusetts !

Welcome to the South !

leVieux

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Texas Monthly (a magazine) once ran an article on the 10 worst jobs in the state of Texas. The two I remember: the guy who pushes reflective buttons down into the fresh, hot, black tar of a newly paved highway - bent over at the waist all day in the Texas summer heat. The other bad job was being a full-time resident of Wichita Falls.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best I can tell ya..... buy a house with a storm shelter for peace of mind. Tornados are no joke around these parts.

Oklahoma toll roads are expensive. If you're going to be running up and down a lot via Tx to KS, you'd be better off looking into moving to northern Oklahoma like Todd and Vaquero said. Oklahoma has some beautiful land, and they also have some public hunting land that pulls a lot of beautiful whitetails.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Wichita Falls is a bad choice. It's VERY (they brad about diversity) liberal and the people are odd in that there is hardly any civilization in any direction for a long ways so they're the only gig...entitled. They are not part of North Texas as a region. They call themselves Texoma but that is Sherman/Denison/Durrant to 95% of the world. It's not far enough west to be West Texas yet it's still west of the desert line and gets to 110+ routinely in the summer with long periods of drought. If you want something you can't get there, it's a two hour drive to get somewhere that has it.

Oklahoma has its perks but they also have very poorly run government financially, State income tax, and terrible roads.

The I75 corridor (Plano to Sherman) is growing faster than the I35 corridor (Lewisville to Gainesville) but merely out of convenience and chance.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Wichita Falls is a bad choice. It's VERY (they brad about diversity) liberal and the people are odd in that there is hardly any civilization in any direction for a long ways so they're the only gig...entitled. They are not part of North Texas as a region. They call themselves Texoma but that is Sherman/Denison/Durrant to 95% of the world. It's not far enough west to be West Texas yet it's still west of the desert line and gets to 110+ routinely in the summer with long periods of drought. If you want something you can't get there, it's a two hour drive to get somewhere that has it.

Oklahoma has its perks but they also have very poorly run government financially, State income tax, and terrible roads.

The I75 corridor (Plano to Sherman) is growing faster than the I35 corridor (Lewisville to Gainesville) but merely out of convenience and chance.

What he said plus the fact Wichita Falls is a bit of a shit hole. There may be nice parts of town, but from my limited expierence I’d steer clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom