Texas SOT

Where to get a drink with a friend near Love Field...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Stroker's is great for a burger and a beer. A little further north than I was hoping to drive though.

Best I can do on short notice. :)

I vacated the Dallas area over twenty years ago, so, I'm a bit behind on what's available for what and where.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ah, you misunderstand. My office is about two blocks from Love Field, on Mockingbird. I'm not even going to be on airport property, and my friend is driving up from San Antonio for a few days to work out of the Dallas office. So I'm hoping not to go too far from the office so we don't wind up on some long expedition through rush hour traffic.
    Yes I did. Lol I thought it was a lay over meeting a friend.

Been there a few times. My brother lays over 12 hous some times.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Best I can do on short notice. :)

I vacated the Dallas area over twenty years ago, so, I'm a bit behind on what's available for what and where.

Yeah, better than me, though, and I'm in town a couple of days a week when I work from the office...and I've lived in the area for about the time since you vacated!

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Any folks in the office you can ask? I moved out of Dallas in ‘86. But I recall a dearth of places right by love field. Northwest hiway seemed to have a bunch.
    If you are both going in the same direction…. Anyway it is always good to catch up with colleagues

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Any folks in the office you can ask? I moved out of Dallas in ‘86. But I recall a dearth of places right by love field. Northwest hiway seemed to have a bunch.
    If you are both going in the same direction…. Anyway it is always good to catch up with colleagues

Not really. The boss, I'm pretty sure, doesn't drink. Same for the project manager whose office is closest to mine (he also has...no personality. It's like working with John Tesh). The other PM who's there regularly is the new guy I barely know. Everyone else works remote 100% of the time.

Doons

FJB
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    There are two places on lovers… one called Jose’s just west of Inwood on Lovers and the other is the Hudson House just east of the DNT on Lovers. Don’t know anything about either, so check them out.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Obviously some of you guys don't understand the concept of having a friend you work with whose pants you're not trying to get into. Thanks so much for your efforts to turn this into something sleazy.
    Some don't realize it's not a good idea to get you @$$ and cash from the same source. Sometimes you lose both!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Some don't realize it's not a good idea to get you @$$ and cash from the same source. Sometimes you lose both!

Not only that, but she's one of only two project managers that aren't annoying to work with and actually give me all the information I need to get a project done. Not gonna jeopardize that, either. Plus, you know, she's got a boyfriend and I've got a wife - so there's not going to be anything inappropriate.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    We wound up checking out the Ivy Tavern on Lemmon. It turned out to be a good choice, though the service was a bit slow. They have a huge outdoor patio that got crowded and stayed that way, and a few tables and booths inside where it was quieter and kind of "pub-like". So really two venues in one depending on what kind of atmosphere you're after. Two hours passed like 45 minutes, war stories were traded, and we laughed our asses off and ate some pretty good appetizers.

I feel like I can safely recommend the Ivy. Nice little hole-in-the-wall.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Dunstons is my go to when in that area. Fantastic food. Great atmosphere. Saw Herb Kelleher on one of my visits there.

Top Bottom