Military Camp

Where to get a drink with a friend near Love Field...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    All right, I have a coworker coming into town in a couple of weeks and having worked closely together on some insane projects, it seems appropriate to grab a couple of drinks and catch up. Anyone know a place near Love Field that's a decent spot for a drink or two with a friend? Preferably not 51% posted...
    Guns International

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All right, I have a coworker coming into town in a couple of weeks and having worked closely together on some insane projects, it seems appropriate to grab a couple of drinks and catch up. Anyone know a place near Love Field that's a decent spot for a drink or two with a friend? Preferably not 51% posted...
    Sounds a lot like a female “Friend” ?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It's been a very long time since I went to the place below, so long ago it was still called "Garfield's", shortly after the owner moved locations, but it was fairly decent back then and I still knew some of the people there.

http://www.strokersdallas.com/ice-house/

Stroker's is great for a burger and a beer. A little further north than I was hoping to drive though.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I suppose it's a glimpse into how much he values loyalty in a relationship...
    All of his posts the last couple days are on the same subject. One variation or another. Maybe hes been hacked? Or misses days gone by.

Either way it was inappropriate to say the least. My wife reads the forum at times and so do my kids. Insinuations like that can cause real problems, joking or not.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    All of his posts the last couple days are on the same subject. One variation or another. Maybe hes been hacked? Or misses days gone by.

Either way it was inappropriate to say the least. My wife reads the forum at times and so do my kids. Insinuations like that can cause real problems, joking or not.

Exactly. And if I was going to sneak around, I damn sure wouldn't ask about locations in a public forum. I'm just looking for somewhere decent to have a drink because I really have limited familiarity with Dallas - since I only go there to work, and tend to leave as soon as possible.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Exactly. And if I was going to sneak around, I damn sure wouldn't ask about locations in a public forum. I'm just looking for somewhere decent to have a drink because I really have limited familiarity with Dallas - since I only go there to work, and tend to leave as soon as possible.
    I avoid dallas as much as possible. I got directly to and from Love or the Dr office. Dont even hit a drive thru.

I would stay in the terminal or goto the Galleria area but even that is sketchy at times. Mainly from the teens. Its 635 and the toll way.

In the Farmers branch Addison area at beltline and the tollway there are lots of restaurants and such.

Sorry I dont know a specific place.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I avoid dallas as much as possible. I got directly to and from Love or the Dr office. Dont even hit a drive thru.

I would stay in the terminal or goto the Galleria area but even that is sketchy at times. Mainly from the teens. Its 635 and the toll way.

In the Farmers branch Addison area at beltline and the tollway there are lots of restaurants and such.

Sorry I dont know a specific place.

Ah, you misunderstand. My office is about two blocks from Love Field, on Mockingbird. I'm not even going to be on airport property, and my friend is driving up from San Antonio for a few days to work out of the Dallas office. So I'm hoping not to go too far from the office so we don't wind up on some long expedition through rush hour traffic.

Top Bottom