• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I have been too many shotgun competitions and I have noticed from talking with other shooters in Texas Brileys in Houston and Coles Gunsmithing in San Antonio are the two most popular locations to buy competitive shotguns. Online is another good source as I bought my daughter Beretta 694 12 gauge at Joel Etchens guns online. For other shotguns needed for hunting and self defense than I would stick with Academy, Bass Pro, and Cabelas.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Yep, it's Friday and the OP hasn't been back since starting this thread on Monday.

Oh well. Maybe someone else gained some information.
    I hope he was able to find what he is looking for. Hell I am still up in the air for my next shotgun as I might get one for myself and younger daughter who wants to follow her big sisters lead. In one hand I want a hunting shotgun but this sporting clay and skeet and trap is getting addicting I might buy a competitive brand. Lucky I still have my daughter old Franchi Mod I 20 gauge I can give to my younger daughter but in the long run I still have to buy a competitive high end brand when she gets older.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hope he was able to find what he is looking for. Hell I am still up in the air for my next shotgun as I might get one for myself and younger daughter who wants to follow her big sisters lead. In one hand I want a hunting shotgun but this sporting clay and skeet and trap is getting addicting I might buy a competitive brand. Lucky I still have my daughter old Franchi Mod I 20 gauge I can give to my younger daughter but in the long run I still have to buy a competitive high end brand when she gets older.
    I'd suggest a Browning Citori. Would work very well for either purpose. I used a couple for shooting sporting clays years ago.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I'd suggest a Browning Citori. Would work very well for either purpose. I used a couple for shooting sporting clays years ago.
    I like them but all the coaches in my daughter's shotgun team hate the Browning Citori and Browning 725 Sporter. Their issue was the ejector problem they claim happens a lot with Browning O/U shotguns.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I like them but all the coaches in my daughter's shotgun team hate the Browning Citori and Browning 725 Sporter. Their issue was the ejector problem they claim happens a lot with Browning O/U shotguns.
    Back in the late 1990's, I was introduced to shooting sporting clays by some friends and co-workers that were very involved with sporting clays. The first shotgun I used was Remington Model 870 pump. I used that for a month or so, until a friend let me use his spare Citori for a few rounds one weekend. Next gun show, I lucked into a great deal on an older Winchester 101. I used that for a few months, and while a great shotgun, well made, it kind of beat you up after shooting it all weekend long. Ended up selling it to buy my first Citori. I could see why most of my friends and co-workers preferred the Citori. For long shooting sessions it didn't punish you like the 101 did.

In the few years I was heavy into sporting clays, I never had a problem with the Citori, or noticed anyone else that had problems with the ejectors.

Kind of makes me curious about these coaches. A frame of reference, we bought 12 and 20 gauge shells by the case! It was not uncommon for us to go through 200 to 300 rounds in a weekend of shooting.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Back in the late 1990's, I was introduced to shooting sporting clays by some friends and co-workers that were very involved with sporting clays. The first shotgun I used was Remington Model 870 pump. I used that for a month or so, until a friend let me use his spare Citori for a few rounds one weekend. Next gun show, I lucked into a great deal on an older Winchester 101. I used that for a few months, and while a great shotgun, well made, it kind of beat you up after shooting it all weekend long. Ended up selling it to buy my first Citori. I could see why most of my friends and co-workers preferred the Citori. For long shooting sessions it didn't punish you like the 101 did.

In the few years I was heavy into sporting clays, I never had a problem with the Citori, or noticed anyone else that had problems with the ejectors.

Kind of makes me curious about these coaches. A frame of reference, we bought 12 and 20 gauge shells by the case! It was not uncommon for us to go through 200 to 300 rounds in a weekend of shooting.
    Me personally I like Browning shotguns especially the Auto 5 version. I spoke to coaches involved in either 4H and SCTP organizations and many of them prefer the Berettas, Cesar Guerinis, Fabarm, Blaser, and Perazzis and that Browning is not like what it used to be according to them. I see some kids using 725s but when I went to Bass Pro and checked it out my daughter felt it was too bulky for her.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Me personally I like Browning shotguns especially the Auto 5 version. I spoke to coaches involved in either 4H and SCTP organizations and many of them prefer the Berettas, Cesar Guerinis, Fabarm, Blaser, and Perazzis and that Browning is not like what it used to be according to them. I see some kids using 725s but when I went to Bass Pro and checked it out my daughter felt it was too bulky for her.
    Well to be honest, my experiences and perspective are somewhat dated. The Citori's O owned and shot years ago, might be much different than the current production models. I haven't handled one in some years.

And there may be other shotguns better suited to your daughter than the Citori. Wished I could give better advice.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Well to be honest, my experiences and perspective are somewhat dated. The Citori's O owned and shot years ago, might be much different than the current production models. I haven't handled one in some years.

And there may be other shotguns better suited to your daughter than the Citori. Wished I could give better advice.
    My daughter feels more comfortable with the Beretta 694 and 686 series. If the 692 was still around she would opt for that one as well. She shot the Blaser F16 and likes it.

Top Bottom