ARJ Defense ad

Where is a +100yd range in the DFW area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokyMG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Hello Gentlemen and Ladies,
    Does anyone out there know where there is a range with 200yds or more available somewhere around the DFW area?
    I know of one about an hour west of Ft.Worth but is there a place closer to the mid-cities area?
    Hurley's Gold

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I would also like to know of one in north Dallas area. The only ones I know of are Big Rock Gun Club (Private; SE of Dallas), Arlington Sportsman Club (Private; 200 yard), Rockwall Gun Club (Private, $5K initial fee!), and TSDA (Private, SE of Dallas). Unfortunately, none of these ranges are close to me in Frisco.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I would also like to know of one in north Dallas area. The only ones I know of are Big Rock Gun Club (Private; SE of Dallas), Arlington Sportsman Club (Private; 200 yard), Rockwall Gun Club (Private, $5K initial fee!), and TSDA (Private, SE of Dallas). Unfortunately, none of these ranges are close to me in Frisco.

Frisco Gun Club?

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Frisco Gun Club?
    Frisco is only 5 mins from my house. Very convenient but they only have 4 rifle ranges that are 100 yards. And, if not a member ($450/year) cost is $35/hour! Elm Fork is not bad but also only up to 100 range. I've heard a lot about Gibson and Jacob Plain but tell if they are still active.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    One seriously has to wonder how someone could operate a gun if they are incapable of google "Range Name"
    If people just Googled all their answers, then why would we have forums? If someone asks something you don't want to answer....then don't. It's not that big of a deal. No need to be a dick about it.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    North Texas Shooter's Association has a 200yd range. Private club but I'm a member and I'm always signing guests in. $13.00 and you get to shoot all day on any of the ranges, Ball ammo allowed.

With my old job I had three weekdays a week off which was wonderful. My new job is 7am - 3:30pm so I'll be shooting right after work from now on.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Mickey's just cleared a new 300 yd lane and is working on a second lane.
    Just not sure how long it will be.

Already ent in for my 2015 key.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    North Texas Shooter's Association has a 200yd range. Private club but I'm a member and I'm always signing guests in. $13.00 and you get to shoot all day on any of the ranges, Ball ammo allowed.

With my old job I had three weekdays a week off which was wonderful. My new job is 7am - 3:30pm so I'll be shooting right after work from now on.

That range would fit exactly what I'm looking for. But there's a 2-3 year waiting list. What's the cost of the yearly membership for members? Saw where there's a $50 application plus $650 initiation fee once you become a member.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    That range would fit exactly what I'm looking for. But there's a 2-3 year waiting list. What's the cost of the yearly membership for members? Saw where there's a $50 application plus $650 initiation fee once you become a member.

Annual fees aren't too bad, they're $200 right now, used to be $150 but we're buying land up around us as it becomes available.

Top Bottom