• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TFoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Try D&D Farm & Ranch Store on the I-10 access road in Seguin. Boots, western wear, hats, saddles, tack, fencing, tools, cattle feed .... you name it.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Been wearing boots since I was 5 years old.
    I ONLY buy and wear boots made in El Paso.

Lucchese, J.B. Hill or Rocket Buster.
    Each of these guys make your boot custom to YOU.
    They last many years and are worth the high coin.

I won't be caught dead with a pair of Justin's.

houseofamon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    I've had a pair of round toe, brown leather Ariat boots for damn near 15 years and I still wear them today. They a pair of the toughest, most comfortable boots you can get for less than $250. I have many pairs of boots some costing $200 some $2000, but these Ariats....I can do just about anything in them. I keep them cleaned up pretty regularly but no major issues.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    For years all I bought were 'Sundowner' lace up boots by Vasque that were made in Italy. Superior quality for a meager $200.00 or less on sale.

Time passed and they're now made in China.

Sigh...

Recently, on sale for $80.00 (goretex too) I bought a pair of Rimrock lace up boots from Cabelas.

They're wonderfully comfortable, big toe box, quiet when on tile or concrete and are probably Chinese made.

Some Chinese made stuff is pretty darn good, not Sundowners, but other stuff.

When I was a wee one, Japanese stuff was thought poor quality, and now it's high quality.

I think the same phenomenon has evolved with a lot of Chinese stuff as in there's a lot of high quality stuff available from them now if you pick and choose, but at this point, I wouldn't buy one of their cars......

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    I mostly wear dan post and 1 very nice ostrich pair on ebay. Before that i bought them at thesportsmansguide. Pretty good prices. I ahve a pair of ostrich leg i bought in 1999 that are still kicking.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    No more Justins for me. I dont like the fact the back side of my ropers are flaking off like an orange gradually peeling itself. Been wearing boots for many moons. Never had any do this. Justin must have laid off their quality control department.
    boots.jpg

Attachments

• boots.jpg
      boots.jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 615

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I never been able to get my foot down the neck of Tony Llamas. I went to Leddy Brothers in San Angelo to get custom made boots back in the 70s. The guy said he couldn’t make any to fit cause my feet are built like bricks.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    No more Justins for me. I dont like the fact the back side of my ropers are flaking off like an orange gradually peeling itself. Been wearing boots for many moons. Never had any do this. Justin must have laid off their quality control department.
    View attachment 164293

The welt ripped from the leather outsole of my Justins; they only lasted 1y and 3months; never buying Justin again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    View attachment 164293

That looks like PU (polyurethane) leather. Are Justins now made off-shore, as in China or India?

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    View attachment 164293

That looks like "bonded" leather like they use for "leather" office chairs and "leather" belts. That's what happens to bonded leather.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom