Join TexasGunTalk

Where do you fellows buy your boots?

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by GeorgeS, Feb 22, 2019.

1. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known

Jul 30, 2016
    Some Ariat Boots have an extra wide Expansion opening, and all my Ariats are super comfortable; I too have high arches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orbie likes this.
  2. bigwheel

bigwheel Active Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    You ever visit Alpine? Everybody wears a cow boy hat and even the cowgirls dip snuff. Its a great town.

skfullen likes this.
  3. bigwheel

bigwheel Active Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I had a well heeled partner back in the 70s who had a big closet. Half of it was filled up with fancy cowboy clothes and the other half was hippy threads and bell bottoms etc. Depending on which version of wild wimmen he was chasing...and to which beer joints he was headed...he could fit right in. Real handsome guy from Georgia with fluffy hair and a Robert Redford smile. I got the honor to work his cull pile a few times back in the old sinning days.

4. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Member

Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    I swung by Cavender's and picked up a pair of Ariat Groundbreakers. They fit/felt better than the Tony Lama Midland and Sealy boots I tried.
    th?id=OP.QV97PS1d6qDL4A474C474&w=500&h=450&rs=1&o=5&pid=21.jpg
    Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Orbie, bigwheel and toddnjoyce like this.
  5. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    OP, I hear you on the narrow barrel. I have a pair of Lucchese full quill ostrich that I love, but they don't get worn much because they are such a pain to get on and off. Other Lucchese's don't have that narrow barrel. So much depends upon the individual's foot, when it comes to comfort.

I can't wear Tony Lama, Dan Post, Justin (cowboy boots only) or some other brands, for instance, because of the insole geometry.

Lucchese boots fit fine, but I am not sure the quality is what it used to be. I have a couple of pair from some decades ago (see prior post - heel caps and half soles). Nocona has always served me well. Have had a couple of pair of Nocona elephant that had more miles on them than a state trooper's car. One is still going.

Elephant is great for every day boots. Costs a bit more upfront, but they last forever and stay looking great. Smooth ostrich is pretty durable as well.

6. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Pinks in Dallas for me.

But the wife and I did get some cool vintage boots from The Boot Whisperer...pretty cool experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Eastwood smile & Robert Redford hair - he was nearly there

Davetex and bigwheel like this.
  8. bigwheel

bigwheel Active Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Thanks. i often get those lyrics confused. I introduced him to my parents one time They both said the pearly white Eastwood smile meant he was as crooked as a dogs hind leg. They was sure right. He turned out to be an interstate car thief. He taught me way too many bad habits.

9. Hunkerdown

Hunkerdown New Member TGT Supporter

Apr 27, 2016
    Weatherford
    My boots are all by Rios of Mercedes that I buy from Randy and Linda at Davis Boots when they're at one of the several major cutting horse events in Fort Worth. Dressy ones are ostrich, well cared-for work boots are hippo and everyday horseback boots are elephant. They're pricey but last forever if taken care of and can be completely rebuilt and relasted by the factory for just $150. They re-did my hippo boots last summer and they're fantastic. http://www.davisboots.com/

10. bigwheel

bigwheel Active Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Ok..as long as the price is right and no innocent little animals have to die to make em..we will keep an eye out to buy some. Thanks.