• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I could go to a shooting range but I am cheap so is there a place we can practice for free?
    Anyone know if target practice allowed in the national forest? If so you could go there, but from Ft Bend, the gas would be more than a range fee. Add, at least an hour of your time each way
    Lynx Defense

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Anyone know if target practice allowed in the national forest? If so you could go there, but from Ft Bend, the gas would be more than a range fee. Add, at least an hour of your time each way

Pretty sure Sam Houston is closed to target shooting. It was when I checked after moving here.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    E48C0C9D-336C-4C1E-8AEF-42FD1F36240C.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One thing I miss about AZ is all the public land where shooting is free. Texas doesnt have that.

One thing I dont miss about AZ ate all the phucking retards who destroy public land thinking they dont have to pack out their trash brass and not damage trees cactus stock tanks etc. Then the idiots on toys fighting with idiots shooting over who gets to use the millions of acres of public land. All leading to closure of said land to shooting and 2 or 4 wheeling.

Add to that the gas and it's never free.

Just pay 20 bucks at a range near you or develop relationships with folks who have ranges on their property.

P.S., it ain't free to them either.
    oVER THE YEARS JUST ABOUT EVERY PLACE THAT WAS AVAILBLE TO THE PUBLIC FOR SHOOTING WAS TRASHED OUT, BECAME HUGEPROBLEM FOR PEOPLE THAT THEY GOT SUT DOWN

bUY SOME LAND OUTSIDE THE CITY LIMITS AND HAVE FUN.
    ALSO ATTEND SOME OF THE tgt MEET-UPS , AND HANG OUT EITH THE MEMBERS. NEVERKNOW YOU MIGHT MEET SOME CLOSE TO YOU THAT MIGHT LET YOU SHOOT AT THEIR PLACE.

cav21082108

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Killeen, TX
    I could go to a shooting range but I am cheap so is there a place we can practice for free?
    When I was in college (Sam Houston State) I would shoot in the nearby national forest (also Sam Houston), and specifically in Phelps Quadrangle. That was 1966, though, and now a 200 mile drive one-way.
    I do have a friend about 50 miles away with 10+ acres where I can shoot, but he works weekdays and it's still 50 miles.
    Closest, at a reasonable price ($18 all day) is still 21 miles one-way and was crowded last Wednesday (as it usually is, unless temperatures are below freezing).
    I live in a rural area, but most of the places (mine included) have deed restrictions about shooting and are less than the 10-acre "do whatever you want" size. So, it's the crowded range 90% of the time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom