DK Firearms

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    BaT is for money laundering, tax structuring, and suckers with more money than brains.

If anyone really wants an X1/9, I can find or build you a fresh one for less than what you'd pay on BaT.
    How much to build one of these? I think I talked to you about the model before. It sold for stupid $$ on BaT. It's not a true Abarth. The guy who bought it was selling it a few weeks back on BaT. Didn't hit reserve.
    1983_pininfarina_azzurra_1620259739a81fe3f57bfc51983-Fiat-Spider-Abarth-A-GC.com-21~2.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How much to build one of these? I think I talked to you about the model before. It sold for stupid $$ on BaT. It's not a true Abarth. The guy who bought it was selling it a few weeks back on BaT. Didn't hit reserve.
    View attachment 347914
    Yeah I remember seeing that car. It depends on what you start with and how far you want to take it.

Let's say you find an ok running car with deferred maintenance, roached paint on the hood and trunk, and rust bubbles on the fender flares (common), for around $4k. Do the maintenance, clean everything up, polish the paint that is good, and paint the parts that aren't black. Add some farkle pieces and wheels that don't match the car, and you're into the above for probably under $9k.

Higher a good photographer and copywriter, and then you have a $30k BaT car ;)

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Wow I haven’t thought about Buell in years. I wonder if those have been relegated to history, or valued as collectables?

I haven't either. I forgot all about them. I don't know that I ever saw one in person. I guess they weren't all that popular in my part of the country. I did always think that front brake (rim rotor-or whatever they called it) was pretty interesting. They always sort of reminded me of the Britten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom