Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...post a pic here. I saw this BMW i8 parked outside a sandwich shop today. The picture doesn't do it justice; in person, it's stunning.

BMW2_zpsowdr93il.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    It looks better with that normal paint job. There is one I see from time to time with the hybrid paint job on it (for lack of a better way to describe it).

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My wife's doctor bought an i8. First one in Dallas. He had to sell it cause he wouldn't fit in it. He is a very large man. Six foot seven or so and about 270 lbs. Bought it in advance of its release.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    AMC Pacer.

A Pacer wagon, to be precise; and a "woody" to boot! :D

The original hatchback "coupe" Pacer was noticeably shorter...

CC-48-049-800.jpg

The wagon was first offered in 1977 (two years after the hatchback "coupe" version was released), and was only five inches longer. However, it did have a rear liftgate and the back seats folded down to form a large cargo area.

The original Pacer was known as a sweat box due to the large amount of glass it had. Riding in one was like being an ant underneath a kid's magnifying glass! :(

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Damn - that's all y'all got? I saw this the other day - never seen a Lambo with that kind of blue/translucent paint. It qualifies as pretty in my book.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    It's a wrap job, basically tape over the whole car

They even have wrap that will change color w a small electric charge or temp change, like cold water thrown on it

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My wife's doctor bought an i8. First one in Dallas. He had to sell it cause he wouldn't fit in it.
    The owner of the i8 whose picture I posted took a little too much glee in informing me that I wouldn't fit in it. Other than that, we had a great little conversation.

According to him, the car has blazing performance and fantastic fuel economy. OTOH, it costs ~$140K. Given what I usually spend on cars, for that kind of money I could buy a car and feed it gas until I'm dead and gone. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Damn - that's all y'all got? I saw this the other day - ... a Lambo ...
    I think the newer Lambos are pretty. I really like the looks of, say, a smooth Gallardo. Too bad they don't make those any more. The Lambos from my youth, like the Countach, were just vulgar, imo. Unfortunately, Lambo seems to be trending back towards that sort of look.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I saw that same Lambo last week only is red/orange/yellow. Its like the paint job was moving. Weird. And moving way too fast for a pic.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Gratiot cruise time here in metro detroit. Sundays are filled with soooo many classic cars I can't keep a focus while driving anywhere within a 15 mile radius. No pics but for some reason, there are TONS of classic cars here in the frozen tundra rust belt michigan that only get driven on Sundays at most.

Top Bottom