Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    63 to 67 were the only Vettes, that I would ever consider owning.
    Not as performance cars, obviously, but I always thought the first two generations were pretty and would make nice cruisers. I was influenced by a guy in my home town when I was a kid. He drove a well-used 1957. I think it was the only major asset he had to his name. It was the first time I remember thinking "Well, yeah, he's really old but he's cool, too." As an adult, I realize he was probably no older than 50 but that doesn't change the fact that the car made a real impression on teenaged me.

Nowadays I wonder if it's still a valid approach to owning one to find a bare frame and build up the car with all repro parts. With minor tweaks for better function, it would be tough to come up with a nicer "just drive around town and look good" car.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I took this picture at a restaurant in Comfort some years back. The camera quality (Treo smart phone) doesn’t do justice to how good it looked. Paint was excellent. Someone on another forum said they thought these were old railroad service trucks.

Attachments

• Ford (2).jpeg
      Ford (2).jpeg
      154.7 KB · Views: 38

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took this picture at a restaurant in Comfort some years back. The camera quality (Treo smart phone) doesn’t do justice to how good it looked. Paint was excellent. Someone on another forum said they thought these were old railroad service trucks.
    <>

Many years ago when I had an office in southside Corpus Christi, the Veterinarian across South Alameda Street had a green Power Wagon. Many were operated the Military, or Power & Energy companies.

Dodge killed the famous name by putting “Power Wagon” signs on every pisssant 4WD pickup they made in the 1980’s. Kinda like when BFG started putting “T/A Radial” lettering on every tire they made, and ruined that once famous name.

<>

Top Bottom