Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    is there a reason I shouldn’t go view a race as a spectator
    AFAICT, yes. Your basic ticket for a seat to watch F1 includes a high price, a poor vantage point, and racing that basically just zips by once every couple of minutes with position changes being comparatively rare. It's not worth the money.

At least, it wasn't for me when I did it years ago and from all I hear, the situation has just gotten worse.
    Venture Surplus ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    AFAICT, yes. Your basic ticket for a seat to watch F1 includes a high price, a poor vantage point, and racing that basically just zips by once every couple of minutes with position changes being comparatively rare. It's not worth the money.

At least, it wasn't for me when I did it years ago and from all I hear, the situation has just gotten worse.

I always hated that about spectating auto racing. Unless you’ve somehow found your way up that massive tower at COTA, you’re only ever watching one turn lol.

Evan as the head of sales for our biggest audio customer, I’ve already been told “don’t ask” LMAO

Our F1 perks are reserved for C-Suite execs, evidently.

You’d think you could sway some customers by wining and dining them at F1 eh

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

<>

Same for football.

My older Son kept two low 50 yard line season tickets for LSU games, but mostly gave their use to business contacts & friends.

He would go to the “tailgating” parties, but run home to watch the games on TV. Said he could actually see the plays better on TV than from the 50 yard line seats. And avided the 2+ hour departing traffic jams.

I quit going to all sports events bak in 1978, when my neighbor Joaquin Andujar, Astros Pitcher, gave me tickets and we both dozed off in the stands while watching.

When the NFL began dissing our Flag, I even quit watching on TV.

Today, I’ll watch only U T or LSU Football on TV, and the SEC Championships.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I used to watch F1 on TV, enjoyed it and looked forward to the US track being built. By the time it seemed possible to go, I had stopped watching as it wasn’t enjoyable any longer. Have thought about going to a race one day for the experience, but haven’t done it yet.

And if you’ve never seen it, this is the coolest “lap” ever driven at that track, IMO.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I always hated that about spectating auto racing. Unless you’ve somehow found your way up that massive tower at COTA, you’re only ever watching one turn lol.
    Standing on the bridge between 15 and 16 is the best spot to watch. You can easily see 12-17 which I think is the most exciting part of the track, plus if you have good eyes you can see 1-4, too. Pretty thrilling to have the cars zooming under your feet, too.

Video doesn't do it justice, but there's some pretty cars :)

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1681755288756.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Agreed. I really wanted one. Then I stood next to one and realized I couldn't fit even if I were half my weight and 3 inches shorter.

We bought a pair to make one good X1/9. Did the same thing with a pair of Quattros from the early 80s. The Fiats (nee Bertones) had simpler (and different) problems to solve than the Audis.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    When I see a pretty car.............I know it isn't mine!

I prefer to drive old vehicles that I know I can park anywhere and they won't be messed with.

Top Bottom