Gun Zone Deals

When was the last time you saw someone open carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This is actually super funny but I was at the MD Anderson in Sugar Land yesterday and all the signs on the doctors offices explicitly say no handguns allowed. That made me think that I need to get a SBR for my carry when I go to the doctor:loaded: . haha. That for sure will require open carry. Their signs don't forbid open carry just that you don't have a handgun. :laughing:

Is the location subject to
    Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.
    (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(11) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code…

If so, signage is irrelevant.

Ragnarok

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2024
    Austin
    I think it was 3 or so years ago... I was in lake Charles, I'm coming out my hotel room on a business trip and I see this tow truck driver with a glock hanging off the pocket of his sweat pants :D

That was the only time I've ever seen open carry..

I've done "partial concealment" a number of times myself for comfort sake, shoulder holster under an open button up or OWB holster covered by a polo shirt... but I've never gone full on wild west haha.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Is the location subject to
    Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.
    (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(11) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code…

If so, signage is irrelevant.

Wasn't that adjusted a few years ago to require signage to be valid?....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wasn't that adjusted a few years ago to require signage to be valid?....

The 46.15 (p)DNA is what you’re referring to and deals with license holders with a handgun and the 30.06/30.07/red signs for 51% locations, hospitals, and amusement parks. But the poster mentioned an SBR, which is a firearm, so the DNA does not apply.

Top Bottom