• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've known a lot of L.E.'s that shot a lot of people.

Everyone one of em needed lead medication.

Getting huffy at L.E. for doing what needs doing has fallen out of favor...,but it used to be applauded and the result was 'less crime' because criminals were scared.

Now they're not.

Does that make for a better world?

Not in my opinion.

Crime has gone thru the roof because they have no fear of being shot for their acts...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hamer was a murdering POS.
    IIRC, he was a thief, too. Where did Bonny and Clyde's guns wind up? Was there any official action taken to have them surrendered from the estate? Did they go permanently into evidence? No. AFAIK, Hamer just stole 'em. He knew they'd be valuable, so he outright stole pretty much anything he wanted.

Yes, I know there was a contract saying he was allowed to do so but the ethics and integrity displayed by everyone involved in contracting a hired gun to work for the state, murder people, and then be partially paid off by robbing the dead is pretty damn lacking.

If you love Hamer, feel free to write me long posts with references showing me how all the stuff he did was technically legal.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Go read the book. He had his faults but who doesn’t.

It was a different time. A lot of stuff was going one along the border. Think border raids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffery Dahmer had his faults too. I think that goes along with being a murderer.

I did quite a bit of research on Bonnie and Clyde and on Hamer. I got really interested in them at one time. I read everything I could find about them and watched every documentary video.

I went down to Gibsland, LA and visited the B&C museum not long before "Boots" Hinton, the owner, died. Boots was the son of Ted Hinton, one of the Dallas cops that was in on the ambush. He was a real character and I was glad to meet him before he died. We visited for over an hour, he didn't want my wife and I to leave. He told me things about his dad and the ambush that are not written anywhere that I have found.

We metal detected the ambush site. I got pretty excited when my wife found a bullet that I thought may have been from Hamer's .38 super. After weighing it I decided that it is a 9mm.

We also went up to the Salt Fork of the Red River where Clyde missed a detour and ran his stolen car into the river. While there we went to the museum in Wellington. The museum has a glove that belonged to Bonnie, it was tiny, it looked like a kid's glove. They also had a one of the 2 BAR mags still filled with ammo that was found at the site of the wreck. The lady that worked at the museum went to school with the woman that Buck Barrow shot in the hand that night after the wreck. That was another really interesting chapter in the B&C saga.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It was a different time. A lot of stuff was going one along the border. Think border raids.
    Agreed. But where do we draw the line? Even back then, there had to be a line.

One famous gun writer who spent those days in the Border Patrol has been quoted as saying he didn't really know how many people he had killed because he "didn't count wetbacks."

Yeah, things were different. How different do they have to be for us to accept the complete abandonment of first principles?

Top Bottom