• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Now theres a blast from the past. UTOTEM stores.

They were all over AZ, even on the rez in Scottsdale. They would be a sign of racism and burnt down today. Lol.

Man were talking the 70s.
    Speaking of the 70s, we were poor-ish and had no extra money. So every morning we would hit the trash cans for bottles between home and the Utotem store. By the time we got there we each had 2 or 3 bucks worth of bottles to turn in and had lunch and snacks for the day. After breakfast we were run out of the house till dinner time.

Kids nowadays are pussies.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    The grocery store in Kema used to hate to see me and my grandparents coming. We'd park along highways and major roads in the area(this is back in '61-'65 weren't a lot of roads then) and walk for a couple of miles on both side of the road. We'd tote'em til we couldn't then make a pile of them. And keep going. Later we'd come, during the same outing, with '58 Chevy pickup and load up all the piles we'd made. We'd usually have 3-4 shopping carts full to turn in. Yeah... the grocery stored hated seein' us coming!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The grocery store in Kema used to hate to see me and my grandparents coming. We'd park along highways and major roads in the area(this is back in '61-'65 weren't a lot of roads then) and walk for a couple of miles on both side of the road. We'd tote'em til we couldn't then make a pile of them. And keep going. Later we'd come, during the same outing, with '58 Chevy pickup and load up all the piles we'd made. We'd usually have 3-4 shopping carts full to turn in. Yeah... the grocery stored hated seein' us coming!
    I was one of the ones working in the grocery store who had to re-rack them all.

Yep, not my favorite site to see.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Speaking of the 70s, we were poor-ish and had no extra money. So every morning we would hit the trash cans for bottles between home and the Utotem store. By the time we got there we each had 2 or 3 bucks worth of bottles to turn in and had lunch and snacks for the day. After breakfast we were run out of the house till dinner time.

Kids nowadays are pussies.

My brother and I would cut firewood, haul hay, pick peas, clear land for extra money when we were younger. And we still had our regular chores around the farm to take care of.

There were even many times as an adult, I held down two and sometimes three jobs at once. A full-time job, a part-time job and sometimes did side work at the house for extra money. Many times, co-workers couldn't understand why I always had much nicer things then they did, and I was making the same amount of money they were, and had many of the same bills and responsibilities. Well, I didn't spend my time off swilling beer and watching TV on my off time and days!

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My brother and I would cut firewood, haul hay, pick peas, clear land for extra money when we were younger. And we still had our regular chores around the farm to take care of.

There were even many times as an adult, I held down two and sometimes three jobs at once. A full-time job, a part-time job and sometimes did side work at the house for extra money. Many times, co-workers couldn't understand why I always had much nicer tings then they did, and I was making the same amount of money they were, and had many of the same bills and responsibilities. Well, I didn't spend my time off swilling beer and watching TV on my off time and days!
    I run into a guy I worked with who was living in my neighborhood. He loved his Miller light tall boys, buying 2 at a time. When he came by my house & showed him the latest guns & house of African trophies he couldn't understand. The fact our vehicle were paid for as well as the house he lost it.

It aint always how hard or much you work, rather what you trow money away on.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I run into a guy I worked with who was living in my neighborhood. He loved his Miller light tall boys, buying 2 at a time. When he came by my house & showed him the latest guns & house of African trophies he couldn't understand. The fact our vehicle were paid for as well as the house he lost it.

It aint always how hard or much you work, rather what you trow money away on.

Well I learned it from my father. He held down a full-time job, and sometimes a part-time job. My first job at 10 years old was working with my father on one of his part-time jobs running The Dallas Morning News routes. We got up about 3 am every morning. My stepmother and brother did the routes with the rolled newpapers and threw them out at the houses. Dad and I did all the store deliveries, and filled the paperboxes. I got paid a whopping .25 cents an hour! Once we got finished with the routs, he carried me to school and he went to work at his full-time job as an electrician. Dad made pretty good money, but he taught us the value of hard work and working for what we wanted.

When my grandfather passed away when I was 11, Dad inherited the farm and so we began a new life of working it. We had find other jobs that were closer to home. Dad knew a lot of the relatives and friends that farmed and would tell us about different jobs that were around, like hauling hay, or picking peas, or clearing land.

For me, it just seemed natural to have more than one job. Don't get me wrong thinking all we did was work, and never had fun, because we did. Just many times my brother and I always had money in our pockets when others out age didn't. We did all sorts of things. Baseball games and rodeos at the AstroDome. Hunting, fishing, camping, shooting and even the occasional vacation. Some may think I had a hard youth, but I don't. I have not one regret about my younger years as a kid.

My brother has instilled much of the same in his two daughters. Both work hard down here at the farm, helping clear brush, building fences and helping with the cows. Both are straight "A" students and the eldest has already graduated second in her class and started college last fall.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Chris Wallace on Foxnews playing nice with democrat possible vp candidates. I, for the life of me, can not figure out the direction Fox News is headed. First they report that Portland had a clam night after Federal Agents departed. A complete and total lie on all counts! First Portland was not calm, as correctly reported by Breitbart News. 2.) The feds didn’t leave Portland, as correctly reported by Breitbart. Now we have Wallace headlining democrat vp potentials, giving them free air time, lobbing softball questions then waiting patiently while they spew their democrapic garbage. If fox has indeed gone to the dark side are there any conservative options left on TV format?
    One America News Network.

They are on cable if your company allows them. Had to write some emails,as did many other folks, to get them on the tube in NY.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Sooooo... sent Fox News a message. Asked’em when they were changing their name from Fox News to CNN - Lite. I got a reply:
    “We received your message. And while we’re far to busy to actually respond to communications from you little people you can rest assured we’ll properly address your message at our next corporate party! Thank you so much for being a Fox News supporter!”

ok... so I paraphrased just a bit but it accurately coveys their response.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I gave up relying on Fox for news, now just browse their site for some of the commentaries. I rely more on Breitbart these days

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom