Texas SOT

Whats your favorite range near north san antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonathanM

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2023
    San antonio
    I live in bulverde - have been to one out near Bandera with a cousin but that's not gonna be a repeat for me. Too far. Please let me know and thank you
    ARJ Defense ad

or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    I shoot Nardis weekly. It's only short range, but the AC blows cold and the place is empty on weekday mornings. They are also machinegun and holster friendly.

CraftyWoods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Speaking on this topic, looking at the map, I can't believe there are no ranges anywhere near Boerne! What the heck? Matt from the Demolition Ranch youtube channel has a range out there, but it doesn't count since it isn't open to the public. I know the land is expensive AF out there, but I am still surprised there are like no open to the public ranges anywhere near that city, and its gowing population.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Speaking on this topic, looking at the map, I can't believe there are no ranges anywhere near Boerne! What the heck? Matt from the Demolition Ranch youtube channel has a range out there, but it doesn't count since it isn't open to the public. I know the land is expensive AF out there, but I am still surprised there are like no open to the public ranges anywhere near that city, and its gowing population.

Boerne shooting club (rimfire)
    Bandera Gun Club (outdoor)
    Apache Rifle Works (indoor)
    Joshus Creek Ranch (outdoor, sporting clays, long range to 1000, pricey)

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Make one

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Apache Rifleworks has an indoor range, and is just over 13 miles from Boerne.

There's also the Boerne Shooting Club.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Well, we had better keep Quihi Gun Club and Dancehall under wraps. I haven’t been but, I drove by after a wrong turn leaving the Castroville golf course.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, we had better keep Quihi Gun Club and Dancehall under wraps. I haven’t been but, I drove by after a wrong turn leaving the Castroville golf course.

The Quihi Schuetzen (shooting) Verein (Club), originally built to defend against Indian attacks, is the oldest continuous running gun club in the United States. They continue to meet each month...

CraftyWoods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Haha, if I had a strong entrupenuer spirit I might be tempted to, but I'd probably have to take out such a massive loan to buy land in this area, and make a range that I don't know if I'll live long enough to repay it. Would be easier and more tempting if my family owned land out there and I just inherited it, but such isn't the case for me. Here is hoping someone else might do that though.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    LoneStar Handgun is my personal choice. Awesome folks out there, and one of the few i've been to with steel targets. Prices are really good and they are far more relaxed on their range rules. Took my fiancé with me and we had a blast. Little ways out for me, but well worth it for the folks over there.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    LoneStar Handgun is my personal choice. Awesome folks out there, and one of the few i've been to with steel targets. Prices are really good and they are far more relaxed on their range rules. Took my fiancé with me and we had a blast. Little ways out for me, but well worth it for the folks over there.
    Very nice range.

Someone made off with a full auto from there recently.

BIGALEXK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    San Antonio
    Very nice range.

Someone made off with a full auto from there recently.

Yup. This is exactly why we can't have nice things.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Cowboy the fvck up and go try another range.
    You have Cedar Ridge and Dietz and Bracken.
    I live in NB off 1863.

Cedar Ridge is excellent if you stick to the rules. They also have excellent prices in their reloading supplies. If you can go during the week you often have the whole bay to yourself.

Bracken, been there twice…I avoid now.

Dietz is a pass for me too, but I’d go there before Bracken.

McQueeny and Buck & Does are okay but prices are indoor range high.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Not big fan of Dietz.

McQueeney Is expensive and rubbed me the wrong way last time I was there. Was told they would require scanning my ID for a muzzle brake that I was going to buy. To "build a customer record". No, thanks.

Mostly stick to Lonestar or Bexar Community out in Marion.

If I'm taking or sighting in multiple rifles I prefer Bexar.

Top Bottom