Join TexasGunTalk

What's Your Favorite Beer, And Why?

Discussion in 'Cooking & BBQ' started by Axxe55, May 21, 2020.

1. MikePotts

MikePotts Well-Known Lifetime Member

2. MikePotts

Have fun today....STILL can't make it :(

3. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Today is Monday, right? I won't be there tomorrow 'cause the GKids are coming down.

4. MikePotts

Guess again Charlie :)

Axxe55 likes this.
  5. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    I'm behind again! It's their fault. They initially said they were coming today and then changed the arrival date!
    I just work here: keep my mouth shut, show up on time, and do what I'm told! :banana:

TxStetson and Axxe55 like this.
  6. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    Is it wrong to drink a beer while mowing, and what would be the proper beer to drink while mowing? LOL!

I'm starting to sound like a real redneck now!

FireInTheWire likes this.
  7. SA_Steve

SA_Steve Active Member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I like most lagers and some dark beers. What I want to know is how the brewers keep a brand's flavor stable over the years. Seems the natural variation in ingredients would make it hard to do.
    Not a fan of the over priced 'craft' stuff that dominates the store coolers these days. I want my beer factory made by good machines.

BuzzinSATX, Axxe55 and Vaquero like this.
  8. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict Lifetime Member

May 25, 2009
    Three favorite beers, in no particular order

My Beer
    Cold Beer
    Free Beer

Although I'm not really a fan of most IPA's.

9. innominate

innominate Active Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    While I think some parts of brewing is an art, the process is definitely a science. Specific gravity, temps for adding certain ingredients, length of boils, temps for fermentation etc. Brewers either have a lab on hand or send samples to a lab. A snob that doesn't understand the process may turn their nose up to miller lite but others can appreciate the skill and science it takes to produce a consistent light lager. A beer style that does not hide flaws in the brewing process. I don't know your definition of "craft" but most use good machines.

This is part of Deschutes brewery bottling line. They can bottle the average persons life time beer consumption in 30 minutes. The also have a in house lab that other breweries send samples to for testing.
    F5HtXWO.jpg

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    FireInTheWire, seeker_two and Axxe55 like this.
  10. mm54943

mm54943 Member TGT Supporter

May 7, 2020
    Fresno, TX
    There's so many good ones now a days it's hard to pick a favorite. I typically drink local stuff from Saint Arnold, Southern Star, Eureka Heights, or Saloon Door.